New M40-A1 newbie issues

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Roland_of_Gilead, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Roland_of_Gilead

Roland_of_Gilead New Member

A couple of things I came across that may be helpful to other newbies:
    I had these questions answered by Jeff at steyr us customer service. Awesome customer sercive!
    I was concerned that the back of my slide did NOT have the loaded chamber indicator. Jeff says that they stopped putting that feature on all the us models except the L series.
    Also, while the slide is locked open, I was concerned with the firing pin rattling around loose inside the slide. Jeff says that ut s normal. If it's not floating then there's a problem.

2. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

Yep on a bit of rattle and honestly the loaded chamber indicator isn’t really needed with the cut on the barrel where you can already see it. Also if you decided to mill it for a red dot the loaded chamber indicator has to go away and becomes more of a problem. My vote is throw it away and give us a optics ready option. Good find on your pistol and have some fun

3. Roland_of_Gilead

Yes, good find indeed especially since we wont be able to get the .40 anymore here in the states.

4. Roland_of_Gilead

Yes optics ready would be good. I would have chosen that version of the M&P2.0 if it would have been available. Slim pickings these days.

5. Zudrick

Zudrick Member

If you have a M9 or L9 you can always get it milled. I did the deltapoint to keep the triangle sights going

Michael Dobesch likes this.