New M40-A1/Experience

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by keroppl, Feb 13, 2008.

1. keroppl

keroppl New Member

I picked mine up from the Fort Worth Gun Show (http://www.ftworthgunshow.com/) for $400 after taxes (listed at $369) this past sunday. Took me a while to find one and after about an hour and a half I nearly gave up and bought an S&W Sigma (on sale for $225 with 2 hi-cap mags, nearly lured me in), but I decided to walk around one more time just to check again and sure enough a vendor had the M9A1 and M40A1 tucked away at the back of one of their tables, so I asked to hold the M40 and it was sold 30 seconds later.

I took it out and fired about 70 rounds through it, mostly WWB and some Wolf (about 10 rounds). Felt great, I shot pretty nice groupings for my first time. I fired my friend's hi point 40s&w and I found I cannot use dot sights, the steyr sights just make much more sense to me. No problems, FTFs, or FTEs. Only minor issue is it scrapes the primers with the firing pin.

[​IMG]

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

This is a common occurrence - many threads (especially lately) have been dedicated to the matter. I convinced my buddy to pick up a M9A1 from probably the same table Saturday - that's the first time I've seen new Steyrs at a metroplex gun show in probably 6 months...

What city are you in? I've actually never tried out the .40... trade you a few mags downrange on the suppressed M9A1 for a few mags on the M40A1? :twisted:

It's actually kind of a shame you didn't post sooner - I had a lead on a LNIB local M40A1 for $285... :shock:

Welcome to the club!

3. keroppl

keroppl New Member

might have to take you up on that. I'm up in plano. I was thinking about checking out Elm Fork this friday. I guess I timed it right since this is the first gunshow I've been to up here. 285 would have been a steal! Oh well, from seeing listings on gunbroker 400 still seems like a good deal.

4. brewster7

brewster7 Guest

This is brewster7 = new member. Still have that lead on the M40A1??? Thanks

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sorry, it sold... :(