Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if I can swap my 40 cal barrel with a custom 357 sig barrel?
Is the barrel the only difference between the M40 and M357 sig.
Does anyone know who is making aftermarket Steyr barrels?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
rcj0715 said:
Yes, You can get a aftermarket 357sig barrel for Your M40. In fact, I've gotta 40S&W barrel coming from Austria for My M357-A1. IGB would be the manufacturer. Call Marc @ MDWGUNS, I believe He's got those in stock here in the States http://www.mdwguns.com/
_______
mugdava

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
357 sig barrel

Mugdava,

I have spent days searching the web to find this without even coming close.
Thank you, going to call him tomorrow to order.

Again, thanks!!

CJ

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Can we talk them into a .22lr conversion kits....
I would love to be able to shoot 10,000 rounds for like 5 bucks
and still be able to use my m40-a1. Actually my wife won't let me
take her Walther P22 to the range without her :cry:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
xjrat said:
...Actually my wife won't let me
take her Walther P22 to the range without her :cry:
Well, heck, just take 2 quarters with you to the grocery store, find that same gumball machine, and pick up a spare P22.

:)

Ben

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I have a conversion barrel and its great, but remember that you will have to get it fitted which will cost you some more $$$$. It is advertised as a drop-in
barrel but its not................. 8)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
might have to have a smith fit it, go to any gunsmith section and ask about drop in parts your bound to hear they rarely do just drop in. something to keep in mind.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Re: Drop in not really a drop in?

rcj0715 said:
Interesting, what am I in for as far as time and money?
With any luck My barrel should arrive in about a weeks time. I'll keep You posted. 8)
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
MrApathy said:
might have to have a smith fit it, go to any gunsmith section and ask about drop in parts your bound to hear they rarely do just drop in. something to keep in mind.
My Drop in Threaded Barrel for my Glock 17 did just that....

No Fitting, no Fuss!!!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Re: Drop in not really a drop in?

rcj0715 said:
Interesting, what am I in for as far as time and money?
I don't know what it would cost.....a good smithie could do it very quickly.......cost....? I don't know the going rate.....my machinist friend did mine for me...
.......as good as any gunsmith would have done.......

·
Registered
156 Posts
mugdava said:
rcj0715 said:
Yes, You can get a aftermarket 357sig barrel for Your M40. In fact, I've gotta 40S&W barrel coming from Austria for My M357-A1. IGB would be the manufacturer. Call Marc @ MDWGUNS, I believe He's got those in stock here in the States http://www.mdwguns.com/
_______
mugdava
Hi there mugdava,
Do you know if the 357 sig barrel is a drop-in for the M40-A1 ? I'm also wondering if there are other members that have had this IGB barrel after market in their M40-A1's and their experience with it. I remember reading a posting many months ago complaining about the IGB barrel not necessarily a drop-in fit. What about Steyr made aftermarket barrels. When are we going to see some ?

thanks,
nixon - like the former pres.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Hey Nixon!

According to the info I've found, it is a drop-in for the M40. I'm fairly certain that the barrel is the same for 1st generation M and a M-A1, but I could be wrong. My IGB barrel hasn't made it to MDWguns just yet, they should have it any day now. As soon as I get it I'm gonna give it a go and post the results.
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Hey All!

My IGB barrel just arrived! While it does appear to just drop in, it's tight! I'm taken it to the range tonight to test it out. I'll post a range report w/ pics. Here's some pics w/ the IGB barrel installed:

_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
mugdava said:
Hey All!

My IGB barrel just arrived! While it does appear to just drop in, it's tight! I'm taken it to the range tonight to test it out. I'll post a range report w/ pics. Here's some pics w/ the IGB barrel installed:

_______
mugdava
Its going to be tighter then your stock barrel. As long as it locks up and you can rack the slide, it should be good...........mine was not a drop-in barrel. Maybe they got the message and made some changes. Expect you might get some FTF's or FTE's due to tight tolerances until it smooths out...........but it's going to be accurate... :D

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya Shooter :)

Your IGB 357 SIG conversion barrel was the only one I know of that wasn't "drop in". When you contacted Marc and IGB, what did they tell ya? :shock: Plz advise ASAP so I can contact Carmen at IGB and get the low down before there is any more problems for Steyrclub members and IGB. <shrug> Here's the reply from Carmen at IGB right after you informed me that you were experiencing difficulty with the "drop in":

Dear Wulf,

I have had the opportunity to speak to about the problem with the Steyr barrels - you described. The reaction was that that could become an evil problem. It would be very helpful to us if you could contact those people and ask them to inform us about the proof code on the slide (not the serial number). This is a three letter code next to the eagle and NVP sign. This will give us production day/month of pistol and we can start to care to buy one out of that series.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards
Carmen Schranz
IGB Austria
[email protected]
Then this:

Hello :)

Thanks. I am already in contact with (Shooter). We will sort it out as soon as his gun is back.

Thanks for your help. Was very much appreciated.
Carmen
That's the last I was aware of what was in the works. Then you started postin' about how well the 357 Sig conversion barrel was workin' for ya. :shock: Please PM me and fill me in on what happened with IGB, Shooter. :shock: I need to know what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again, Dude. Sorry for any inconvenience. I kinda feel responsible, Bro. :oops: Sorry.

Wulf

Wulf

1 - 16 of 16 Posts