New guy from North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Sigma05, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

Hi everyone,

I live in North Carolina and own an SSG04-A1, Pro Hunter, and just recently purchased an SSG08. All 3 in 300 win mag. Hope to meet up with other NC long Range shooters.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

2. jhb

jhb Member

Welcome. Nice collection.

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

Beautiful State! LIved in Nashville, Rocky Mount, and Cary. Boy has that area changed!

4. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

And then some. Too many liberals moved down into the triangle area and are trying to mess everything up. :(

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

5. afoic2005

afoic2005 Member

Welcome! We're transplants to NC (Fayetteville) after returning from Europe earlier this year! Glad to have you on the forum-tons of great info and even greater group of folks!

6. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

7. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

Where in Europe? I've been living on and off between Spain and France. Don't miss it one bit. :) I'm down at Range 37 quite a bit. You ever go there?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

8. afoic2005

afoic2005 Member

We were stationed at Ramstein in Germany for 3 years and like you, we don't miss it much either. Haven't been to Range 37 either.

9. afoic2005

afoic2005 Member

Hey Sigma-I just wanted to let you know that I looked into the Range37 that you mentioned before. It looks awesome and seems to have a great reputation and some pretty stellar reviews! How often do you shoot there? Their classes sound pretty tip-notch too...always love more training! Have you taken any?
    Thanks & talk to you soon!

10. Sigma05

Sigma05 Member

I usually go once or twice a week when I'm home. Usually Wednesday am. I'm out of town now till mid August. I have taken some classes with Frankie and Chad. Great instructors. Frankie has a way a breaking things down to the bare essentials and explain why things happen or why they are done in a certain way. Most instructors don't do that. Helps make sense of everything. I highly recommend their classes. When I return I plan to take their shotgun class, which I'm a total novice with.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013