Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SELFDEFENSE 
#1 ·
Hello all. Newb here. New to firearms as well. I have had friends that had weapons, but never took the plunge myself. Years ago a friend of mine was looking at Sigs and while looking around myself I saw some Steyr M pistols. I thought they were the coolest things I'd ever seen. fast forward to now, I have decided to get into the arms race. Of course a new Ma1 or Ca1 in .40 is really hard to find, or expensive. And now I hear it won't be until April until new shipments hit the States. I didn't want to wait, just because I wanted it 'now', and i am not looking forward to the price.
Anyhow I live in VA, am in the military. Trying to learn what I can. If you have any leads on the above mentioned C/M40-a1, hook a brother up. Peace.

#2 ·
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

Thanks for your service. I'm sure that someone here will help you become an "Honest SteyrClub Member." :rofl:

#3 ·
Hello Wig,

Welcome to the club, and thank you for your service. Not to advertise, but this may help, if you have a Gander Mountain near you in VA, they have a M40A1 here in the Deforest, WI store and they should be able to easily do a store to store transfer for you. I believe it was ~650 or so new in box.

Not sure how helpful this is to you but its all I got, good luck on your search, all the good toys are getting picked up!

#4 ·
The Cabelas in Kansas City, Kansas ordered a M40-A1 for me by accident (I wanted pricing only). I did not buy it (my neighbors was cheaper) so they might still have it in stock. They were going to charge me $499.88 as I recall. I don't know if you have a Cabelas near you so they can do a store to store transfer or not.. So far I really like my M40-A1.

Audra

#6 ·
Cabelas is 5+ hours, Gamder Mt is close to 3ish. 6 and a half bones seems kinda high, too. I contacted one of the guys mentioned on here (in another thread) and can get a m9a1 for 500, but really wanted the 40. Thanks guys, good looking out though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.