Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, current handgun noob looking to find his perfect pistol :)

So far Ive had a S&W SD9VE and currently have a Glock 22. Neither have really tickled my fancy so I come here to learn more about Steyr Arms and possibly get my hands on a M40/M357. Hope to get to know some of you and learn a lot!

Dustin

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya Dustin :)

Welcome ta The Club, Bro. :thumbsup:

Ya prolly won't have much trouble findin' an M40, but an M357 is harder to locate right now.

But, keep your eyes on Gunbroker.com.

G'luck, Bro. :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- diggs 'is M357-A1

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

Wulf is right, M357s are rare.

·
Registered
47 Posts
where in PA are you? I am in Erie.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome! I've never seen a M.357 for sale anywhere. The M40 will pop up on GB from time to time. If you decide to buy one make sure you got at least 500rnds of decent ammo to start with. Steyrs are not loose-fitted new and they do require break in. At least mine did. My suggestion is to (if you can) stay away from reloads or offshore ammo at least until you've got 500-800 rounds through the gun and it's running fine. I know ammo is hard to find and expensive now but you may be banging your head against a brick wall if you take a NIB Steyr and try to run trash ammo in it. I ran all Winchester 115gr through mine and it really wasn't stout enough for the gun. That's all that has been avalible and it's scarce. I think heavier 124gr-147gr ammo would run better but I cannot get it now. My experience with Steyr is that they make an excellent gun once broken in but many times they don't come right out of the box blazing wide open.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking to trade my Glock for one. If I do get one in 9mm I'd be running Underwood ammo through it, which is 1300 FPS +P variety.

Dustin

Glock 22 Gen2 WTT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never run Underwood Ammo. I read of Kabooms associated with the stuff.
Same here, in fact, I know of a Glock in 40 S&W that was ruptured buy Underwood, however, they replaced his gun and displayed great customer service.

Dustin

Glock 22 Gen2 WTT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts