Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new guy from Ponte Vedra Beach Fla (just south of Jacksonville) checking in.
I am the proud new owner of a S9 a1, if someone would be kind enough to bring me up to speed about my new gun I'd be much obliged, I've been going through the old messages and there is just too much to read and assimilate quickly.
I have been a glock guy for the past few years, I have a g22,g27 40 cal. and a g21sf .45
I also have my trusty mouse gun, a beretta 950 .25 acp, an ithica shottie and a mini 14
Look to learn a lot from the old hands here
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the Steyr Forum!
Best advise is to read and watch the total disassembly to get all the packing grease out of it. Then oil or grease the rails, lightly oil everything else. Like the glocks it can hyro lock the striker if too much oil is in there.
After that, put a couple of hundred rounds thru it to break it in. You'll find its a tight gun to start.
Your date of assembly will have the improved extractor and hopefully the extra roll pin in the slide, visible from the side of the slide just below the rear sight.
BigTaco has some cool upgrades available for the gun, like derlin bushings for the striker spring, stainless guide rods (get the statite and I'll loan you the assembly tool).

:cheers:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave the gun a good light lubing today, I will be trying out on thursday, if you want to take a ride a few guys will be coming and bringing their newly bought guns along.
We get to the range at about 5pm and shoot until about 7 or so.
The big taco guy seems like someone I need to meet.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Dry fire lots but dont use snap caps.
Thanks for the invite, if I did not work on Saturdays I would come up for the appleseed and bring my 9yr old daughter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they shoot almost every thursday I usually go every 3rd week or so, when it gets cooler out I'll go more often

1 - 5 of 5 Posts