New from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by rilkil23, May 8, 2013.

1. rilkil23

rilkil23 New Member

Hello everyone. I am new to the M series of pistols and looking forward to learning about my new carry guns. I have owned Glocks, Rugers, XD's, and Sig in semi autos. I happened across a used Steyr and had to give it a go. I currently have a M9, M9-A1, and a M40-A1. This Sunday I am trading a Gen4 Glock23 for a C9-A1. The Steyr fits my hand and I'm really digging the trapezoidal sights. Look forward to learning from those with more experience and hoping to find a few accessories for my new carry guns.

Cheers
    Craig

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Craig :)

Welcome to The Club, Bro! :thumbsup:

Am curious, tho...the Glock 23 Gen IV that I shot a few months back was more pleasant ta shoot than any Glock 40's that I've tried in the past. What's makin' ya trade it in so quickly? I mean, what do you expect to gain movin' moving away from a Glock 23 Gen IV to a Steyr C9-A1? (BTW, some C40-A1's are already on Stateside dealer pre-orders, FYI.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not playin' the Devil's Advocate in any way, Glock to Steyr or 40SW to 9X19MM, just wantin' ta understand what's in your head. :)

Take care, Craig, an' plz keep your Bros in the loop with the results of your trade. :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- if someone were to give him the Glock of 'is choice, "G 36, plz". ;)

Last edited: May 8, 2013

3. rilkil23

rilkil23 New Member

Wulf I have seven Glocks and tend to carry my Gen3 G19c the most. The Gen4 G23 is a soft shooter but I haven't had any luck finding 40S&W ammo in my local area and jumped at the opportunity to trade for the Steyr. All the best.

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Craig :)

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

Your choice is based on ammo availability, in your area.

Its too bad anyone has ta start thinkin' that way, but I can understand your reasonin' now.

Take care, Bro.
    Wulf <-- checkin' out some Youtube/Ted Nugent videos onna rainy day an' thinin', "Fu*k you, Jim Carrey!" [​IMG]

5. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Welcome to the club!

6. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Welcome to Steyrclub!