new and learning

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by cmarks, Nov 30, 2007.

1. cmarks

cmarks Guest

Hi, I was introduced to a steyr 300 win mag in a prohunter ($700) :D about 4 months ago. Before I could shoot it, I broke my left shoulder :cry: ( I shoot right handed). After 12 weeks I mustered up the courage to give it a try. I was amazed that with a limbsaver recoil pad, I felt basicly no recoil. Now that was impressive but the accuracy of shooting factory rem cor-lock in 150 gr. blew my mind. I have never owned such a gun and would not take anything for it. I was so enthused I went to a dealer to find a 280 prohunter I had seen earlier only to find it sold :cry: . He did have a styer in a 260 that I could not let go :twisted: ($700 with a bushnell 4200 elite scope 3x9x40). Neither gun has any signs of wear. Both excelent condition. I have been trying to find out about these guns, contacted the main company (no return answer), contacted the importer (does not have that computer system anymore), contacted the current importer(has no records before they started the importing), exploreing the internet (thats how I found this awsome :!: site). Does anyone have any other suggestions? I can't wait to give my 260 a try. I don't think it is a classic, I think it may be a forrester. Any suggestions and info will greatly be appreciated.

2. cmarks

cmarks Guest

Thanks for the link. I had previously seen it and found info on the 300, but I am having trouble finding info on the 260. It has a walnut stock and sbs.Someone told me it may be a forrester from the 80's but I found that the 260 was not introduced until around 1997. It almost looks like a classic but neither the classic or the prohunter are listed in 260 from the manufacture. The Forrester does list a 260 but I was told that the stoped importing them to the U.S. in the 80's and is no longer listed on the web site. Thanks again.

cmarks