Never say never!

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by WayneJessie, Jan 12, 2013.

1. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

I was in my LGS today and of all guns he could deal with me on it had to be a Gen3 Glock 19. I said I would never own one because of the grip but given the current worries over gun bans I could not pass up the gun brand new with 3 extra 15rnd mags. Guess what, it's brand new and already has a pignose. I thought that came with time. Anyway, I have since learned that the Glocks as well are having extracting/ejecting issues. No big deal. I am convinced all of your mass-produced guns have one issue or another(except my CZs)

2. jhb

jhb Member

Great pistol. One of two glocks I like. Being the 17 and the 19. The pignose comes that way or not. There is a thread here covering it....no need to redo.

gen 3 9mmx19 Glocks having any issues not tied to amatuer gunsmithing is kinda news to me. I don't see many complaints....and often the complaints are due to poor grip and bad reloads....although no one ever admits it, of course.;)

enjoy your new one. Its a great pistol and one ill never get rid of myself.....in fact as I type this on my phone. I got my glock 19 strapped to my side.

3. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

There's been quite a bit of discussion about extraction/ejection issues with the Glock. Glocktalk primarily. Seems Gen4 units moreso than others. I rhink it's doubtful all the complaints are due to cheap ammo or limpwristing.

4. jhb

jhb Member

I didn't say all glocks didn't have problems.....I said gen 3, which you were talking about, right? You bought a gen 3 not a 4....or did I get that wrong?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

The complaints have covered late Gen3 guns as well as Gen4 guns. Mine is a late Gen3. I've put only 100rnds through mine and the ejection has been weak with some brass to the head. It's way too soon for me to even worry about it. After 500rnds or so we'll see how it shoots. Some folks will defend a certain brand to the death. I am not that way. To be honest, this is my first Glock because the grip of them never really felt right to me. In just handling the G19 and my S9-A1 the Steyr just seems more right. Both are well-made and will last longer than needed. I do like the slimmer accessory rail on the G19. the Steyr's rail is pretty big. It's funny, the only CCW hangun that I have that slings brass into the next county and runs like a top is a lowly Ruger SR9C. My next gun will be the PPQ. It seems to be getting great reviews by just about everyone.

6. jhb

jhb Member

Well learned something new today. Thanks for the follow up. I followed the gen4 problems early on.....missed out on the gen3 having issues in volume.

I'm going by memory here, so take with a lot of grains of salt.......seemed the gen 4 had spring issues early on that made 115 gr not function well. Also seems like it affected ejection.....wonder if this is a small part of the bigger problem? Surprising glock would keep making gen3 and tinker with "perfection.":)

If you do the mods, if you don't mind? please update. Now I'm off to the glock forums to catch up on the issues.