Need some help after the range

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by midtnshooter, Apr 14, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Hey All,

I know the moderators can help me, but I also need everyone's knowledge base on this one.

Weapon= M40 A-1
    Ammo= Remington 40 S&W 165 gr.
    Rounds through pistol= 3000 +

Problem+

On four of the five stages, my pistol locked up. The round did not get seated properly. Another shooter saved the rounds and the firing pin dinted the primer, no fire.

Mags were cleaned thoroughly. Pistol cleaned along with the guide rod/spring. Slide lubed (not too much for built up grime, and not too little).

A fellow shooter (grand master) took my pistol apart and noticed that when the slide in the mag (with rounds) that the slide (slowly releasing slide, not slamming it) that the last 1/4 inch, the slide would stop. If I was racking a new mag and slammed it, everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

Please help !

Is this a slide issue ? He said the spring looked a little weak. I was thinking that the guide rod could have burrs on it)

Take Care All !

MidTNShooter

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

At 3000+ rounds I would seriously be considering replacing the recoil spring, striker spring and the magazine springs.

3000 rounds is actually a lot of rounds through a pistol, probably the equivalent of several tours of duty in a war.

3. smores

smores Guest

Jeez, I've had my CZ-75 since November and have only put maybe 350 tops :/

Wish I had cash for ammo and the range time to burn through it.... :)

4. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Hey Made and Cold,

Well it was either a brand new motorcycle with some new girlfriend or shooting. My WIFE chose my shooting habits. I shoot two to three times a week. The bad thing is that I don't reload. I have been collecting brass for quite some time and still no reloader.

I am breaking everything a part tonight (with the help from the How-To's Section) and see what I need to do.

I know you only use caps when you are angry or emphasising (d*mn no spell checking) .....but

PLEASE SEND INFO MY WAY

Thanks Guys,

MTS

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

+1. Sounds to me like it's time for a tune-up. Too bad parts are hard to get through SAI - you might need to send the pistol in to them. I would order one of BT's stainless captured guide rods while you're at it. :)