Steyr Club Forums banner

need advise!

2744 Views 14 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ministerofdeath
I am brand new to this forum, and also new to auto pistols. I purchased an S40 last summer, and have put ca. 600 rnds through it. today the flage on the sring guide rod broke. Is this a normal occurance for only 600 rounds? This doesn't seem to reliable to me. I have only shot winchester target loads in the gun. It also does not seem to shoot to accurate. From a bench I can only get about 8 - 10 inch groups at 15 - 20 yds. I realize it isn't like my 7 1/2" barreled revolver, but I expected better than this. Any suggestions? :cry:
1 - 1 of 15 Posts
if he cant post pix i can... i think the same thing happend to mine after like 2-3k rounds.. was replaced by the store i bought it from.. this occured after slamming a full magazine into the s40 with the slide locked back,

an alternative to the Factory guide rod. would be to speak with JACK ASH they make custom guide rods and are vendors here on our site. :)

since we all love eye candy

See less See more
1 - 1 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.