My Steyr M9 (PICS)

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Following2dp, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

I'd been meaning to show off a few pics of my Steyr for awhile, but never got around to scanning some new pics and posting. I have a final production Steyr M9. one of the last one's before they started making the MA1's, which I am really glad to have one of the originals. This is collection of different photos from the past 2 and a half years.
    My first pic is my wallpaper,
    [​IMG]
    My M6, First time firing with the M6 today, at 40 yrds i was able to keep a full mag at a 1.5" group, which is much better than my first range report.
    [​IMG]
    Over the summer i had PT install some Tripple Bar Enhanced Nightsights. I am happy to say that they work really well.
    [​IMG]
    My only complaints would be to have them brighter, and when they installed them, the rear sight leans to the left slightly. At 30 yrds, my grouping was offset by about an inch. Fine for self defense, but definately something I want to get fixed if i ever wanted to do a competition.
    [​IMG]
    I bought a Bladetech DOH holster awhile go... Really wish I had bought the one that allowed my rail adapter to stay on, but it has the advantage of being less likely to snag. I've heard alot of people say bad things about BladeTechs, but I've really enjoyed mine. If I were to get something else, It'd be leather.
    [​IMG]
    These next two pics are of a little expierment I tried a while back using thread and wrapping it around over and over again until I had the whole grip covered. It was a cool idea, but I finally decided I liked the feeling of the smooth Polymere more then the rough threads.
    [​IMG]
    My cheap thigh holster, I think I spent about.... 18 bucks on this.
    [​IMG]
    In my case. At the end of the day this is where my M9 rest... yes I am well aware I need to do a little dusting...
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you think, and if anyone wants to see other pics Lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

nice gun and gear.

what do you have for a front sight? dot?

3. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

I have the standard dot as my front sight. I wish I had a camera which could demonstrate how much the night sights glow. The rear bars are relatively half the power of the front Dot.

4. richiequan

richiequan New Member

i'm getting mine in a few months cant wait.
    Hey man i like your holster, where did you get it. do you have a web site????
    i have the same balde as well, but now changed to a benchmade fix blade.

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Good luck with the picture - you'll find trying to get both the front and rear in focus in the dark is almost impossible. My girlfriend had to do a 30 second exposure and it took a few tries to get it half right - this is the best we could do:

[​IMG]

Mine are also PT, but I didn't have the same troubles you are describing.

6. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

My Bladtech Holster is the DOH. The website is http://www.blade-tech.com. The DOH is here http://www.blade-tech.com/DOH-Dropped-Offset-Holster-pr-824.html It's a great holster, It cost me about 72 bucks including shipping. Took about a month and a half to get to my door. I have the tactical black which they don't offer anymore. It has adjustable screws for how tight you want it. If you are to buy one, make sure specify rail or no rail. I bought mine without the rail adapter, so I have to take it off everytime I want to use my holster. I wish somebody made one that accepted the gun with my adapter and my M6 on. Im not too picky though.
    [​IMG]

I also ordered the dual mag pouch by blade-tech. The knife at the bottom is my CRKT Carson M-16 Iraqi Freedom Limited Edition. The Sheath I have on it is a Merlin, which is simply amazing. Unlike any other knife deployment systems I have seen. I wouldn't wear it everyday since it sticks out about half an inch, but around the house it works pretty well.

7. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

oOoOo and thanks Syntax for the tips, I'm afraid my old digital camera doesn't have a delayed exposure feature. The pic you took looks really good except it makes the front sight look really big. How do you like the blue rears? that was going to be my original choice until I decided on the Bars. If i had a camera that could, id show off my rear bars. They are pretty cool

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Guys at blade tech must be lazy, that's an MA1 holster. Thanks for sharing.

9. ScottW

ScottW Guest

I think I used about a 4 second exposure for the second one.
    My PTs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Following2dp

Following2dp New Member

Thats what I was thinking. :roll: I have no real complaints saying that it fits perfectly, and that if I ever get the money I'll probably buy a MA1 anyways.

My two complaints about Bladetech:
    Sent me an MA1 holster (I ordered an M9 Holster)
    Sent me Stealth Black Mag pouches. I orderd a tactical black finish on the mag pouches.

I love my Bladetech holster, but seriously... give me the order I had wanted next time. Like I said, if I were to order a new holster, I would go somewhere else.