My slide is stuck! - Problem has been resolved

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by kraigster414, Nov 21, 2007.

1. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I just put my slide back on the frame of my M9A1 and for some reason it's now locked up. I can't get it off. The barrel and the guide rod extend out about 3/4 of an inch? What do I do?

2. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Does the slide release lever press down? Mine wouldn't go into battery when i frist got it. Like my thread stated. I would press the slide release lever with an empty mag in the mag well and the slide would move 2-3 mm forward and then stop.

Have you tried to press the safety key button down and flip the take down lever down?

3. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

No I think the guide rod wasn't seated just right when I re-inserted the slide on to the frame and that's what's locking things up. I may have to take the plate off in the rear to get it to slide off. Any other suggestions?

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Kraigster,

If ya don't mind me asking......

WTF are ya doin' to that thing????

:wink: :wink:

5. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

That's not helping me.

6. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I think I did this once something like I pulled the trigger and pulled back and it came loose.

Sorry I cant help anymore...

7. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Heavy, message me please! I owe ya buddy. It worked!!! Steyr on the phone told me I had to take the rear plate off and the way things were stuck, that would be next to impossible. Many, many thanks!!! Like I said, I guess my guide rod wasn't seated right. And I thought this happened only with Glock subcompacts. Live and learn. I don't know what I would do without this forum. Parts would be flying everywhere.

I need a drink.

FAST FORWARD after several drinks and an ice cream soda...I don't think it was the seating of the guide rod that caused this snafu It's hard to seat the guide rod wrong in an MA1 - but very easy to do in a Glock subcompact. No, I think somehow the trigger got reset and we know what a mess that can cause when putting the slide back on. Don't ask me how it happened.