My S40 is off to SAI.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by DAIadvisor, Dec 11, 2007.

1. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

Well, just dropped my S40 to FedEx. Off it went. After drop safety has failed (after several thousand rounds), it's due for a major overhaul. Spoke to Jeff earlier in a day, he told me to describe all the issues to be addressed. I will let everyone know how this will progress. Review is coming on the speed and efficiency of the Steyr Arms Service Department. :) Wish me luck.

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

you're in good hands. have no fear!!

3. dwillia29

dwillia29 New Member

DAI - What made you aware that the drop safety had failed?

I'm having a hard time envisioning such a failure, but perhaps that's due to a fuzzy definition (well, at least fuzzy for me...) of the M & S series drop safety design/function.

Thanks,
    David

4. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

That's what Jeff called it - it's part # 32 in the catalog - you can't pull the trigger, or dissassemble the gun... It just stopped firing all of a sudden.

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I'm expecting to hear good things. I've found them to be great.

6. tenchu74

tenchu74 Member

DAI,

How much did it cost to ship? Did you tell fedex you were shipping a firearm? I might send my pistol back to Steyr for a repair and am thinking about the most cost efficient way. I have a problem spending $50 or more to ship a handgun. I was thinking about sending it disassembled in two packages and tell them its gun parts.

Steve

7. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

Steve,

I'm in Ohio. I spent exactly $8.04 to send it to SAI assembled. It's legal to ship weapons to manufacturer through Fedex ar UPS.

Dai.

8. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

Well, it came back. As you guys promised - first rate service. Arrived last Friday actually, but I didn't pick it up till today.

Jeff replaced a number of items including the extractor, recoil spring, firing pin and a few others. Looks and smells brand new - he even cleaned it. Total price - $0.00

Review - SAI is absolutely amazing. Have no fear - send your Steyrs there at any time to get serviced. (Not that we have much choice at the moment). :)

9. They are really the best in the biz without a doubt.

:notworthy:

Give Jeff a raise Steyr.

10. scottyd3892

scottyd3892 Member

Yeah the drop safety broke on my gen1 m40 yesterday. I thought it was the Lee striker spring too. I couldn't remove the slide to examine it finally I got it off and noticed the drop safty was broke so I'm definitely going to give SAI a call

11. scottyd3892

scottyd3892 Member

Sometimes the trigger would reset. I finally got the sub frame out I had to use a shimm and use a nail punch with a small hammer just to get the key lock to go under the frame be sure to do in a zip lock bag

12. scottyd3892

scottyd3892 Member

It took SAI 5 business days to get the sub frame back to me with the new drop safety. That was fast. I'm very impressed with Jeff and everyone at SAI. Thanks for fixing my firearm. It shoots like new.

13. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 Active Member

SAI provides terrific customer service and Jeff Reece is excellent.