My RIA 56k beware!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by heavymetalmachine, Sep 2, 2007.

1. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Well I'm new here and there seems to be nothing for me to do today so I thought I would post some pic's of my favorite 1911..

It is a RIA Tactical that I have done some work on..

The day I got it
    [​IMG]

A short time later
    [​IMG]

I like this set up.
    [​IMG]

My favorite set up.
    [​IMG]

And the new front sight.
    [​IMG]

The Caryola trick does work :D
    [​IMG]

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *metal* :)

Nicer Rocker, Dude! :) When you're really countin' on accuracy, those 5" bbls with the long slilde and longer sight radius'll really get 'er done. Kinda wish Steyr-Mannlicher would get to the part w/ the 5" barrel'd L models. I'd love ta know whata L357-A1 was really capable of. :shock: Thanx for the pics, Bro..."SWEEEEET". :)

Wulf

3. heavymetalmachine

Wulf thanks..

I know a lot of the RIA guys do the 6 inch Longslide..
    I know a member here is looking for ''Baddest Tactical Pistol I Can Afford'' something like this comes to mind

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=36061

4. NicoX

NicoX New Member

the 2nd pic is horrible!!
    now the pistol looks great, I love 1911 pistols! here in my country U only find old Colt´s 38 Special or 45ACP and for this one you need to have 8 arms, because it´s a war caliber.. so I only have pictures of 1911.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. heavymetalmachine

NicoX
    ''the 2nd pic is horrible!!'' Thanks Thanks don't hold back I can take it :lol: :lol:

Also .38 special or do you mean .38 super??

I would not mind picking up a RIA in .38 super. I found them new for $299.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Nice job. 1911s are nice looking guns.

BTW, does the Crayola melt and run when you light it up on a hot day?

7. heavymetalmachine

Thanks..

Nope I really thought it would but it doesn't. But if you want to take it off heat with hair dyer and just wipe it off..

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Is that RIA "wide body" for a double-stack mag? I just googled Rock Island Armory and couldn't find their website, but I found Armscor and they have a hi-cap, double-stack 1911 with 13 rounds. Is this the same pistol?

Very interesting. Another candidate for my "Baddest" pistol. :mrgreen:

9. heavymetalmachine

Armscor is RIA.

Yes it is a double stack. I think it is based on the Para and the Pare mags work. But I am not sure. Look over here for all the info..
    http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Look here http://www.advancedtactical.com/

Give them a call ask for Ivan or Ray.. It is a little tricky to get a Armscor they will have to order it,but they are in the process of opening up a custom shop in Nevada. Once that opens they will be able to build in house.

Well I looked real quick and this place has them as in stock...http://www.sportingarms.com/

Now not to start a fight but Ivan and Ray are the best in the world of customer support hands down. All you have to do is post a problem on 1911.org and they will fix it..

10. NicoX

NicoX New Member

the 2nd pic is horrible comparing the good work U have been doing.. :wink: :wink:
    here we have lots of taxes.. and is very difficult in Uruguay to buy a firearm...

a new steyr S9-A1 like mine, cost here u$s 930 new, and the beretta PX4 Storm new cost´s me u$s 990 ..

and the colt I was telling U, is very old, it´s .38 Super as U said, and costs u$s 800 USED OF COURSE..

so.. please don´t compare prices because i get very AAAANGRY !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

P.D.- Here the 9mm ammo , the 50 cartdriges, costs u$s 25 .. and I think in US costs 50 cartdriges u$s 8
    I´m in the truth ?

11. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Nicox....

your pretty close...

9mm ammo here has recently been closer to $10 USD for 50 rds of cheap ammo......

12. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

That would be sweet.......until then I keep my G34 converted to 357sig...coming out of that 5" barrel...........HOT 8)

13. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Shooter :)

Pics, Dude! :) Hehehehehe, now there's an idea. Callin' all SC members sportin' kewl lookin' Glocks , strut your stuff w/ some kewl Glock pics! Don't be scared. Show us what ya got. I wanna see the kewlest lookin' ones, too...not just the Glock 17's and variations, I wanna see the 34's...especially a G34 converted to 357 SIG!!! Gawd, yeah! :p Oh and don't forget ta label 'em cause I always get 'em mixed up. :shock: We can compare how kewl they look and which ones look the kewlest! :p Isn't thata great idea? :shock: Why didn't I think of this before??? :shock: Come on fellas, step up to the plate and dayam the torpedos. :twisted: N/K

Sorry for divertin' the tread a bit, *metal*. :shock:

Wulf <-- grabbin' an ice cold Corona anda big ol' thing o popcorn...an' headed for a front row seat :p

14. heavymetalmachine

Wolf
    ''Sorry for divertin' the tread a bit, *metal*. Shocked'' RUN with it man :D

I started this thread because it seems kinda dead some times and I have no life :shock:

I also no nothing about Glocks so this will be a good way for me to learn.. Only trouble is I want a .357sig Steyr you will end up selling me a Glock :roll:

15. SELFDEFENSE

.45 Super was made for 6" 1911 guns. That would be awesome out of that piece.

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Now that would indeed be the "Baddest Tactical Pistol." But does Armscor offer a 6" longslide in the hi-cap frame, or is that only a special configuration brewed up by "Longslide"?

I'm also interested in .45 Super, but the only pistols I've found in that caliber are expensive, custom jobs.

I found Armscor 1911s listed in one of my gun annuals with 11 models, $475 to $675 MSRP. But Rock Island Armory isn't listed in any of them. How much do they cost, same price range as Armscor?

Is there an online retailer that sells Armscor or RIA? Only ones I found online were on auction sites for frog-strangling prices. :shock:

Here's the only hi-cap I found on the Armscor site, a 5" model: http://www.armscor.net/

[​IMG]

I've got more questions than answers, but a longslide RIA in .45 Super sure sounds like the "Baddest Tactical Pistol." :mrgreen: Question is, can I afford it? :roll:

17. heavymetalmachine

Ok where to start?????

Armscor is RIA

They no longer import under the Armscor logo..

They do import under the RIA logo.

The long slide high cap in the link was done by a member for fun. He found out it works..

Do a search at http://www.sportingarms.com/ for Armscor and they have RIA and Armscor listed the same. They also have high caps in stock...

If you want a long slide high cap it can be done by calling Ivan or Ray at ...............

Welcome to Advanced Tactical Firearms
    Please call us at 775-537-1444 to place an order.

And now that they are getting the custom shop going it should be easy to get what you need..

Oh and don't forget the lifetime warranty....................

18. SELFDEFENSE

Clark Custom Guns used to offer 1911 barrels etc. in 6" if I remember correctly.

19. heavymetalmachine

20. SELFDEFENSE

Sho' nuf'.
    Looked at Clark Custom .45 ACP Long Heavy Slide $ 1160 on your gun $ 1895 on a Caspian frame/slide.
    Watch out piggy bank. You did say BADDEST/ULTIMATE didn't you? :twisted: