My pistols

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by mugdava, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

I wanted to take one picture featuring all of my pistols, but found that it would take more than two pics to show them w/ decent resolution! Here's The collection:

[​IMG]
    Steyr M357-A1 w/ IGB 6" 40s&w barrel, Sig P226 357 & 40.

[​IMG]
    HK P7M8 #110 & #111, Steyr M9-A1, Ruger P-95, S&W M&P.

[​IMG]
    HK USP Match 45(clone), HK USP Elite 45, SA TRP "Operator", Para P14-45 LDA, Sig GSR "TTT" 1911.

Oooops, forgot the Walther P22!
    _______
    mugdava

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

very nice.......

If you need a warm loving place for the P7 #110 to stay.......

:wink: :wink:

3. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Babj!

Thank You!

Right now #110 has a cozy corner of my safe all to itself, but if for some reason I do off it, I'll drop You a line. :wink:

P7M8 #110 hasn't even had the slide racked yet, While #111 has been at 400 rounds for a couple of months now! :shock:
    _______
    mugdava

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Wonderful group of guns! Excellent taste.

Buzz

5. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Mugdava: You really know how to hurt a guy, don't you?

I better type fast before my keyboard shorts out with drool and electrocutes me.

Talk about triggers. I judge every gun I try by its trigger first and maybe factor 1A is how it feels in the hand, to begin with just holding it and if I get the chance, shooting it.

Since you've obviously got a lot of real-world experience with all these pistols, how about a ratings comparison?

Take those two, trigger and feel/handling, and rate your pistols. At least you'll give me a top two or three to shoot for, figuratively (or more realistically, a top one). :mrgreen:

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Hey Netfoto,

I just wanna jump in here and say, that, after careful consideration of those weapons in Mugdava's Inventory, I would have to rate the HKP7M8 trigger as #1.....

At least, as far as factory triggers go....

I don't know what his Springfield Armory feels like....

:wink: :wink:

8. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey All!

Thank You!

Let's see, I'd break down the triggers like this:

1]TRP "Operator" - Out of box very good, but tuned in the 2lb neighborhood. Dream trigger!
    2]GSR "TTT" - Out of box good/very good, but tuned maybe 2 1/2 - 3lbs. Very nice!
    3]USP Match & Expert 45's - Match grade SA/DA trigger. Average DA, but fantastic 4 1/2 - 5lb trigger in SA.
    4]P7M8 - The rumors are true! Very good out of box trigger.
    5]M&P - Out of box fair/good, but w/ use very good. M&P triggers are tunable, but mine doesn't need it.
    6]M357-A1 - Out of box fair/good, but w/ a polishing and use very good.
    7]P226 - Out of box very good, but notably long reset. I'm thinking an SRT trigger might move it up a slot or two!
    8]M9-A1 - Out of box poor, but solved by polishing the firing pin guide rod. Good and getting better w/ use.
    9]P14-45 LDA - LDA(long double action) is like HK's LEM. Long light pull w/ a clean break at about 5lb.
    10]P-95 - Out of box fair/good. Old faithfull!

I used to rate my M357-A1 trigger higher than the M&P, but having gotten fully used to the M&P the nod goes there.
    _______
    mugdava

9. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Sounds like fun.....

However, the last time I experienced unintended double or triple taps.....

..."fun" wasn't what I was thinking....

..thats one helluva surprise!!!!

8) 8)

11. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Babj!

A 3lb glass rod is OK by Me! 8)
    _______
    mugdava

12. AbeNormal

AbeNormal New Member

I seem to be drawn to these old warhorses...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Do you own these, or are you just looking for them? If you own them, you're certainly a hard-core Steyr collector. Those are some of Steyr's "crown jewels."

Have you seen the profile I did on Ferdinand Mannlicher and his pistol and rifle designs?

Remarkable man who laid the groundwork that John Moses Browning followed a few years later.

14. mrboma

mrboma Member

Mug,
    My god what a nice collection. Next trip South I may have to ask you to go shooting.
    You have a few I would love to fire first hand (before draining the bank) :D
    Regards,
    Mike

15. AbeNormal

AbeNormal New Member

Netfotoj,
    These are a some of the Steyr's I managed to aquire before the prices went out of sight a few years back.

mrboma,

The Roth-Steyr's are among the very finest and most accurate pistols I've ever shot. They have a true "two-stage" trigger. The Steyr-Hahn pistols are quite the fist-O-steel. If the 9mm Steyr cartridge doesn't get them you can always bust'em up side the head with 5 pounds of Austrio-Hungarian blued steel!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AOBTW: Drain the bankaccount. You can't take it with you, and last I heard they ain't make'in these anymore! :twisted:

16. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Thank You very much! I'd certainly be open for a range trip. I go to the local indoors range 1-2 times per week.
    _______
    mugdava

17. mrboma

mrboma Member

Very kind of you Mug. I will deffinately be in touch.
    Off to see if people from Tn can shoot skeet 8)
    Regards,
    Mike