My other favorite gun New Custom XD40

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Steyrs were my first love when it comes to pistols. I owned 4 of them before I ever got a XD. Just like I got hooked on shooting my Steyrs I also got hooked on shooting XDs. The XDs I own now are for a very specific purpose, which is competition. I shoot my XDs competitively, and carry my Steyrs for protection.

I first tried shooting IPSC at my local club with a Steyr M9. As soon as the timer first went off I was hooked on action pistol shooting! I started looking around for a gun that would be easier to find accesories and mags for then my Steyr. I found a guy in Southern WI that was selling a XD40 for cheap. I bought that and shot the whole summer of 2004 with it.

After that summer I started getting an itch to put together a real dream gun for production. I wanted it to be perfect and knew that Rich over at Canyon Creekwould be able to do the job. Exactly a year ago I got my XD9 from Rich. It was like a dream come true, it fit my hand so well I immediatly started shooting better.

This year I wanted a gun to shoot in Limited 10 so I sold my Service .40 and bought a nice XD40 tactical to have Rich work on. I just got it back from Rich about 2 weeks ago and have been wanting to post a few pics, but haven't had time to get some good quality shots.

Here is a list of what I had Rich do.
    • Trigger Job $135[/*:m:3km62mvd]
    • Slide Lightening $165[/*:m:3km62mvd]
    • Install Dawson FS $20[/*:m:3km62mvd]
    • Tripp hard chrome $130[/*:m:3km62mvd]
    • Skate tape wrap $5[/*:m:3km62mvd]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thoght it would be nice to take a few pics of my old gun. It has a spray on finish that my holster scratched to hell, so it doesn't look as good as it used to.

Here are a few shots of both of my competition guns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cross posted to http://www.brianenos.com

Here is a link to my Steyr that I had chromed
    http://www.steyrclub.com/modules.php?na ... opic&t=138

2. srfl

srfl New Member

...that has to be the nicest looking XD I've seen....thanks for posting the pics!

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Very nice......I liked the Steyr hard chrome job..........gotta think of that one. That is all he did on the XD's?? No barrel fitting or changing???? No other accurizing??

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Shooter those are options, but the custom work I had done cost me $460 so I didn't feel like spending a whole lot more on this pistol.

The matches I shoot in very rarely entail shooting past 25 yards so the accuracy is ok. The trigger work improved the accuracy considerable and is perfect in my opinion.