My newer used M357 A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Bingo2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Bingo2

Bingo2 New Member

I'm new to the steyr m and bought a very lightly used M357A1 just over a week ago. I've put 50 rounds through it. No FTF or FTE. All brass went consistently up and to the left. I think it will benefit from a little skateboard tape on the grip. I'm otherwise happy. I wish they were mags for more than 12 rounds or at least current mags were compatible with a mag extension. It looks like a march 2014 build and I noticed that it does not have a loaded chamber indicator. I don't care about it but was just curious. I figured a LCI wouldn't work with the high chamber pressures of the 357 sig. I imagine it could be a failure point in this particular round...Just by best guess, but I'm probably wrong.

Any answers or better guesses out there?

2. steyrcase

steyrcase Member

You have the latest version. I had the previous version with the LCI. Not a chamber pressure issue at all. I think they deleted LCI because some were upset about the big scratch it would put in the base of the cartridge as it ejected. That never bothered me, I always knew which brass was mine!
    I too would like to see more than 12 rounds. Practically though, 12 is enough to either get it over or get to cover and reload, eh?
    The M357 is a blast to shoot in 357 SIG, literally.

And welcome to the forum!

3. Bingo2

Bingo2 New Member

Thanks for the info! Did the LCI go away on all new models or just the m357? I'm keeping an eye out for a c9 or l9, whichever presents itself first.

4. fiveman

fiveman New Member

It is still in the manual of my new M357. Lsat run before being discontinued 2014. Picked it up last week. But the manual is for all models, so who knows.

5. silentheart

silentheart Active Member

6. Bingo2

Bingo2 New Member

I actually own that +2 adapter. I got a bunch for my p99 mags and they work great. I tried to put it on the steyr mag but they only work if the tabs go out. Sadly the steyr tabs go in.