My new toy

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by fnewendaiku, Dec 15, 2007.

1. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

So I just got the one on the top of this picture in yesterday. What do ya think?

[​IMG]

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Nasty looking! What is it? Details! Caliber, make, et c.

And what's that cannon on the bottom of the pic?

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I am kinda curios about the bottom rifle as well.....

tell us more!!!!

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Ditto! Details on both, please.

Buzz

5. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

Well the top one is a SR-25 and the bottom one is a L96 sans flash hider and an old leather G3 sling.

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

As in this SR-25 .308 sniper rifle?
    [​IMG]

And this L-96 .308/.338 Lapua/.300 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag sniper rifle?
    [​IMG]

That's a pair of serious long-range shooters. Care to share your sources and how much either or both those fine shooters would set a poor boy back? I'm particularly interested in the SR-25 as I just prefer semi-autos to bolt guns. Too lazy to work that bolt each time I shoot. :mrgreen:

7. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

Ok, time to let you in on a little secret.... They are airsoft replicas. Thus the title of the thread. The top is the G&G GR-25 and the bottom one is the Maruzen Type 96. I'm big into airsoft. Fun getting to shoot your friends :) Just wish they had a M9-A1 replica. They both shoot around 550 feet/sec. Tends to sting a bit.

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Sure look like the real thing. I looked up the prices and the real thing is way out of reach.

BTW, I got my 5-year-old grandson a Walther PPK airsoft pistol for Christmas. My first experience with airsoft and I allowed him to shoot it in the living room. Big mistake. That little pellet bounced off the wall and went zinging around the room. Definitely an outdoor toy. Nobody got "shot." :mrgreen:

Care to share your sources for those big boy airsoft toys? I've got two older grandsons with birthdays coming up.

9. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Now that's funny! I was going to razz you asking you if they were Airsoft! I stopped by Airsoft Atlanta yesterday to pick up a couple Tac-Force bags (they have some good stuff for real guns) and while I was looking around I saw your L96 in the case.

I also played around with a Glock that had a slide that cycled with the shot. I wish my Glocks had as good a trigger :pray:

Buzz

10. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

The Maruzen Type 96 all together with upgrades and such cost close to a grand. It is obviously a bolt action, unlike the SR, which is electric. Gotta pull the spring back every time you shoot, but you get use to the heavy spring after a while. When I bought it, I got it from http://www.dentrinityshop.com They are based out of Hong Kong and shipping on those heavy items are kinda up there, but it gets to your doorstep in about 3 days.

The G&G SR-25 was about $390 shipped from http://www.airsoftextreme.com They are based in the States. Came with a small magazine that holds 50 BBs and the high capacity magazine (in the picture) that holds i think 300 BBs, a quick detach silencer (pictured), and it has a working bolt catch which most Armalite airsoft models don't have. It's only semi-auto though. The other SR-25's on the market are both semi and full auto even though they have no marking for full auto. The scope and scope mount i took from the Type 96. It fits and looks decent.

I just sold an SR-16 for around $275 to a friend. I also have a Glock 19 and a Jericho 941.

If you have any questions about airsoft, like who makes stuff that is quality and won't break for a while, something about upgrades, etc, let me know. I've been playing since around '99 or 2000 so I might be able to answer some inquiries.