My new RIA

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by heavymetalmachine, Jan 26, 2008.

1. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Just came in today :party: :party:

[​IMG]

Anyone now how to put this back together???

[​IMG]

I think I got it :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With it's big brother..

[​IMG]

As soon as I can this thing is going to Mag-na-Port then to Kings for some sights...

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Nice little snubby!

What is that, a 3" slide and barrel?

I got a chance to shoot a Kimber 3" model a while back and I was amazed how well that little blaster shot and how accurately, too. I'm sure you'll enjoy tricking out your newest "ride." :mrgreen:

3. heavymetalmachine

It is a 3.5 inch officers model..

I won some slim carry grips on ebay and they came in today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grips bushings and screws $33 shipped.

I'm happy..

4. NicoX

NicoX New Member

lovely gun! Put more pics of the big one!!

5. nalioth

nalioth New Member

Very nice!

Did you polish all the giblets while you had 'er apart?

6. heavymetalmachine

Thanks and now that you twisted my arm :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. heavymetalmachine

I took a few more photo's today of the new trigger setup...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. heavymetalmachine

Some of them got a polish :wink:

9. NicoX

NicoX New Member

COOL !! good pics !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Have the guys over at the 1911 forum lightened up on you yet?

Don't matter, just keep on doing what you want to make your new RIA "yours" and enjoy it. :mrgreen:

11. heavymetalmachine

No They just left it alone. I think I was getting a little pissy with them :mrgreen:

Anyway I think I may have a problem with the extractor and they really reamed me over that one :shock:

I just don't think the slide is right and they had to really put a bend on the extractor to get it to function. Oh and it does shoots perfect it is a lot more accurate then I thought it would be.

So I called Armscor and got to talk with Ivan who is the big dog.. He told me to send it in or shoot it. If it breaks it has a lifetime warranty so if it ever fails I have nothing to worry about.

I still think it may not be in the slide right..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well here a link my post...

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=43748

I am having trouble deciding what to do first... I think I need to send it ti Kings for the sights. I am also thinking of letting them install the thumb safety and new slide stop. Then to Mac's for the new finish. Then lastly to Mag-Na-Port.

I think thats where I at anyways :mrgreen:

12. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Hey Heavy,

Two questions....... How does the green fiber catch the eye when the pistol is shot? I use red and it stands out quickly.

Second..... When you put your 1911 back together, did you put the firing pin the correct way? :mrgreen:

Take Care. Nice, really nice.

MTS

13. heavymetalmachine

I don't like th FO sight. It does not seem to pop out like I thought it would. I liked it more when I just had orange paint on the stock sight...

Thanks...

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I've got a green fiber optic on my S&W 22A-1 .22 LR target pistol and I love it. That's what sold me on the pistol. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

15. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I bought some green refills along with red. I haven't put them in because when it is time for me to replace (fallen out or the the voices in my head stole them) I keep putting in red. Easier than talking my wife into sex. Both last about the same amount of time. :doh:

MTS

16. heavymetalmachine

My new thumb safety came in yesterday. It was my first attempt at fitting a 1911 style safety..

I just took my time and I had no problems at all.
    [​IMG]

It even passes the "click test"
    [​IMG]

It had a real sharp edge on the under side so I hit it with a file and some sand paper tonight. A little cold blue and good enough till it goes to Mac's.. As always when the cold blue comes out I get carried away and now my trigger has been blued as well.. :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well the new slide stop is on the way so that will be next....

17. heavymetalmachine

The new slide stop came in one day last week :)
    I have been sick so I am just now getting around to some pic's...

It was as wide as the thumb safety at .23 I fount this to be way to wide so I hit them with a file and some more cold blue..

I like them now..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and a reason you may want to spend a little more and not get parts from ebay.. I had to fit the slide stop!!!!!! I have never run into that before.....

18. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Nice work. How'd you like to fix me up with an ambi safety for my Llama IX-C? It's only 23 thousanths wider than standard. No problem for a handy guy like yourself.

And while you're at it, how 'bout whipping me out a set of nice wood grips for it, too? I've emailed several "custom" grip makers already and nobody wants to even talk about it. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep shooting it right-handed and be happy with my rubber grips. Shoots good. Less filling, too. Got two new 14-rd. Para mags to try out tomorrow at the range. Along with the two Promags I got, a 14 and a 20, and the two Llama 13s, at least I'm good to go on mags. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

19. heavymetalmachine

Hey if you would have gone RIA I could hook you up with some nice grips..As for ambi should be no problem....

Didn't you have a safety fly out while shooting??? How did that work out for you...