Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new to Steyr, the forum, and to gun ownership! My Steyr m9-a1 is my first gun. (third if you count BB guns when I was a kid)

I went to the range with it and three boxes of ammo and had a really good time. I pulled the trigger 150 times and each time the gun fired, the brass was ejected, and a new round was loaded in the chamber. My first shot was a bullseye! I guess I got a good gun. It seems like every one else has alot of issues with ejecting.

I shot 2 boxes of Lellier & Bellot FMJ 7.5g 115grs and 1 box of PMC FMJ with ZERO problems. I don't know if those are quality rounds but they were the cheapest ones they had and they worked great for me.

I can't wait to hit the range again. Hopefully, my gun will continue to perform flawlessly in the future. I'll keep you posted.

Any tips on buying a cleaning kit? What's a good lube?

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello all. I'm new to Steyr, the forum, and to gun ownership! My Steyr m9-a1 is my first gun. (third if you count BB guns when I was a kid)

I went to the range with it and three boxes of ammo and had a really good time. I pulled the trigger 150 times and each time the gun fired, the brass was ejected, and a new round was loaded in the chamber. My first shot was a bullseye! I guess I got a good gun. It seems like every one else has alot of issues with ejecting.

I shot 2 boxes of Lellier & Bellot FMJ 7.5g 115grs and 1 box of PMC FMJ with ZERO problems. I don't know if those are quality rounds but they were the cheapest ones they had and they worked great for me.

I can't wait to hit the range again. Hopefully, my gun will continue to perform flawlessly in the future. I'll keep you posted.

Any tips on buying a cleaning kit? What's a good lube?

Thanks
Congratulations on your new M9-A1. The first time I fired mine I had a similar experience, marveling at the magnificent recoil characteristics. Take good care of you gun, meaning clean, lube, and inspect it after every range session.

Sellier & Bellot is good ammo so shoot it in confidence. As for cleaning kits get any basic one and follow the instructions in the Steyr manual.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

If you want to DIY your cleaning stuff, then look up Ed's Red - it's equal parts acetone, kerosene, ATF, and mineral spirits. Put it in a high density polyethylene container, like a gallon gas can. Don't use a milk bottle (plastic) the acetone will evaporate. Mix the ATF and kerosene first (you can save some for a lube).

If you don't want to DIY, there are a ton of options, Breakfree, Tetra, the list is huge, and all of them have their fans. What ever you do don't overlube the striker, you can get hydraulic lock by putting too much fluid in the channel. Read the tutorials in the Downloads section here. Big Taco also has done some killer videos.

For the slide, use a product with a little viscosity to it. I use SlideGlide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts