My new CCW!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Sound25, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

Well guys, I finally got off my rear and made it to the sheriffs office, and paid the money, and exactly 7 days later I recieved my CCW! I have been meaning to do this for some time, but everytime I had the extra money, I didn't have the time, and vice-versa. It is a great feeling knowing that I can carry my M40 with out concern of breaking the law, and the comfort of knowing it is there God forbid I should need it. Just wanted to let y'all know!

2. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

congrats and you suck!.... .sorry.......my state still does not have CCW, and with a dem governor and newly dem run state legislature....not gonna happen anytime soon.....welcome to WI.....

sucks to be me... :(

3. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Congratulations Sound!

Ranger,

The Dems have greatly backed off on the issue of gun control. Perhaps they've finally learned after 12 years that 80 million Americans don't want their property infringed upon. Hailing from Georgia, my knowledge of Wisconsin state politics is laughable at best, yet it might be prime time for a state lobby to push in favor of CCW. I for one will be very interested to see if the new DNC will even go within a stones' throw of gun control issues.

Cheers.

4. jnclement

jnclement Guest

Read a paper. The Dems have already said they are reinstating the assault weapon ban of 1993 first thing.

5. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Clement, the ban was in 1994; the last year the Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate. If you could supply the newspaper you read this in a PM I would be appreciative!

It will be very unlikely for the Democrats to re-issue such a disaster again within the next two years. Even if they wanted to re-commit political suicide, they would be unable to break a Republican filibuster in the Senate; I sincerely doubt several of the more conservative Senators (i.e. Webb-VA) would want to put that on their voting record. Further, they are prepping several of their Senators for the 2008 campaign run (Obama/Clinton) and putting a touchy issue like gun control on their voting records would be incredibly silly.

We are being rude and stealing this topic from Sound. Congratulations again Sound! :)

6. celsee

celsee Guest

Congrats Sound! I have had mine for about a year now and the ability to carry concealed, both on me and in my vehicle simply lets me feel ready in a world gone mad!

C

7. Sound25

Sound25 Guest

I am still getting used to being able to carry, I feel like everyone MUST know that I am packing, but no one seems to notice. Is this a common feeling when you first get your CCW? It does seem to be getting more comfortable though, and man is it nice to know that I have the ablity to proctect myself when I go to Downtown Seattle on the weekends.

8. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Yup. Everyone feels that way at first. You'll get used to it. 8)

Best advice I've ever gotten is: get a good, reinforced belt. Makes a huge difference, no matter what kind of holster you use. Seriously. My S9 doesn't even make itself known after hours of hiking with a good belt & holster set-up.

9. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats. Yes it seems like everone is looking at you, but in fact, nobody has a clue. A few times I have open carried with an IWB and my arm against my side and hundreds of people in restuarants had no clue.