My new and first Steyr M9-A1 !!!!!!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Marc_ax, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Marc_ax

Marc_ax Guest

Hello my name is Mark and this is my first post here, i just bought my M9-A1 , I test a lot of pistols and finaly decide for this beauty , with help of this forum . So thanks and here some pic of this baby.
    The last one is with my friends also new Steyr S9-A1
    hope you like , im proud to be an Steyr member and owner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Very cool pics - welcome aboard! Have you had a chance to hit the range with her yet? A range report would be appreciated :wink:. Anyone know what importer JJ-UV represents?

3. Marc_ax

Marc_ax Guest

rpy

Yes today was the first time i use it , fireing 130 round and it just feel great , it now an extension of my arm. JJ-UY , JJ is the shop and UY stans for Uruguay my country.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

manual safety :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Not available in the USA :( :( :(

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Wow - didn't even notice the country or manual safety :oops:. Even better! Do you have any more detailed pictures of the safety?

6. broas

broas Guest

fantstic pics! 8) .
    and a manual safety too.
    lucky basterd you. :wink:

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Marc* :)

Nice pics and welcome to The Club, Bro. :) Hey is JJ the "dealer" or the "importer"? I need ya to make contact w/ JJ, if you can. Please get me an email address for one of their representatives, someone that speaks English well enough to communicate my ideas. I have a little project that they may be able to help me with. BTW, are ya near Montevideo? Beautiful architecture and the people are friendly and rich in culture. :) And, there's a vino from your country that a friend of mine really likes. I forget the name of the vinyard, but Origin is on the label. He says the grapes used make for some really strong stuff! :shock: They even hafta tame it down w/ some Cabernet, as I recall. Come ta think of it, some friends of mine in New South Wales, Australia were workin' with these grapes, too. :shock: Hmmmmm...they really like strong, fruity wines. <shrug> Oh well, please find out what ya can and don't forget ta clean all the new pistol packin' crap outta your M-A1, and give 'er a nice, light coat of lubricant. I don't know what ya have over there for firearm cleaning supplies, but Breakfree works well...and Remoil. Being around so much humidity, don't be afraid ta keep 'er cleaned and well lubed...and often. Feed 'er the best ammo ya can find and enjoy the heck out of it.

Ciao :)

Wulf <-- more of a Corona an' tequila guy

8. Marc_ax

Marc_ax Guest

Hi here some pics of the manual safety , it`s amazing very easy to take off, you put the safe with your thumb and index finger pulling down, and to take it off you just put the index finger on the trigger zone and put your finger towards the trigger before reaching the trigger the safe its off!. The other difference I notice was the loader chamber indicator on the back , this one dosen`t have this , as you can see on the pic below, on the manual instruction the pics are from the one you have Syntax360 , they show with the loader chamber indicator and without the safety. When I disassemble the steyr , i notice the manufacture date was 5/2007.

Thank for te welcome Wulf, yes im from montevideo and yes it has exelents wines , JJ its the importer and the official dealer of Steyr and the ugly G brand for Uruguay , I will contact JJ for you , me and my read a lot this forum before buy the steyr and we tell JJ owner to register here , that the forum has a lot of experts in these guns :D . Being yesterday the first time i use these baby now im reseaching on how to clean , thanks for the tip.

Safety off
    [​IMG]
    Safety on
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Loader chamber indicator missing

[​IMG]

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Great pic's
    Make me jealous... I hope CDNN still has some left when I come up with the funds...........

10. NicoX

NicoX New Member

congrats men, here I live a pic of my S9-A1 with manual secure ON !
    Mine it´s from JJ UY too

[​IMG]
    By nicox_uru, shot with DSC-T9 at 2007-09-02

11. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

Nice! I am about to place an order for a M40A1 myself here in the next few days!

12. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Very, VERY nice!!!!!

I sooooo want one of those!!!!

13. NicoX

NicoX New Member

for me the best option..
    10+1 rds I think is absolutely necessary for self defense, in a range is excellent like an M series and very nice to have it all day long in your belt, and it´s not to small like Glock 26, here every finger is in your pistol

I LOVE IT

14. Marc_ax

Marc_ax Guest

More pics of Nicox and my guns:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and Beretta PX4 storm:

[​IMG]

15. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...this just isn't fair!!!!

You are SOOO fortunate to have those fine weapons......

I am drooling on your photos!!!!

:wink: :wink:

16. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

This might have been covered, but when are we getting S A1s in the US? Just curious.

Also, my logo is in different place on my M9 A1. Is this a new batch, or what?

17. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

it is all approximate....

...but we should have the new S-A1's in Q1 2008....

And those are different! they are a new redesign!

18. NicoX

NicoX New Member

My first language is Spanish..
    but what I am understanding is that in US you have the old model and there are not S models ???

19. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...pretty much yes....

We have a few S-A1's floating around, but they are super hard to find.... very rare here.... until next year....