My M9-A1 arrived today!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by dabdaworm, Oct 18, 2007.

1. dabdaworm

dabdaworm Member

Just picked up my M9-A1 from my FFL!! I cleaned the gun pretty thoroughly today, and I hope to take it the the range this weekend. This is the cleaning guide I used here. Is that the right one?

[​IMG]

2. spartan117

spartan117 Guest

Congrats! I just got mine today too!

3. Congratulations.

Yes, that is the correct link for cleaning your Steyr pistol as should most definetly be done before you head to the range.

I would also suggest Wichester White Box (WWB) pistol ammunition for your first 500 round break-in period.

I believe there is or at least was a tutorial on correct grip, which is important with any pistol to avoid "limp wristing" where your wrist does not hold steady and can sort of cause the pistol to jerk causing a malfuction in extraction. This sometimes becomes a problem after someone has fired a lot of rounds down range and gets tired.

Other than that just enjoy your time and of course wear hearing and eye protection along with a ball cap should you have some erratic ejections, which have been know to happen during the break-in period. Please, don't get the impression you need to baby the Steyr though, but these things will make your day and break-in period more enjoyable.

Good Luck and Good Shooting.