My Birthday "Party"

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Today was my 40th birthday. I was teasing my wife a few weeks ago and wondered out loud whether big "kids" could have parties like the little kids do at Chuck E. Cheese. So imagine my surprise when my neighbor and I showed up to the range this morning...my wife had reserved three lanes and invited my other buddy for a "party". The lane target holder had a big "40th" sign and balloon (which I promptly shot!). She even had goody bags for everyone, complete with 100 rounds of WWB for each of us!

Needless to say, we had a great time. We got to sling a bunch of lead down range -- completely sanctioned by "the Boss". I was breaking in my new CZ 75BD and my buddy has his new Steyr M9. I put a picture of my "40th" target on my website, here: http://users.adelphia.net/~navy87guy/cz75bd.html

You guys should look into it...it was the most fun I've had at a birthday in years. All the credit goes to my wife...she's the best!

Jim

2. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

Happy b-day Jim, sounds like you had tons of fun!

-D

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

you are now over the hill; enjoy :lol:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Happy B-Day Jim!

Sounds like you have a gem of a partner there. You'll have to go a ways to top what she did for you.

Jeff

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Happy 40th Jim! Sounds like a blast! :twisted:

6. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

Sweetest thing I've heard in a long time.

7. Matches

Matches New Member

Happy B-day

Matches

8. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

Happy B-day!!

Jim,

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope one day my wife to be will be as into the shooting thing as your better half is....Her father is much more into it....actually gave me a box of shells yesterday for cleaning up his C&R Mosin-Nagant....they were .40 SW....which i don't have....guess i now have an excuse to go buy one!

Also....found a used Ruger P89 over the weekend....seemed quite nice...and the price was about $290....I think it calls to me in my sleep....HA!...kidding. They also had a new M9, and "used" M9....used being that they guy who bought it wanted an M40, and the person sold him an M9....which he returned unfired....I should have bought that on sight....but the funds are lowish right now....besides....i have .40 ammo to use....i should get the M40....ahh....so many guns...so little money...

have a good one

9. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Sounds like my kind of birthday bash, all you needed was some BBQ and that would have been my idea of heaven. haha.

Happy Birthday!