Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Pelagius 
#1 ·
So while training today I ended up with a round in the chamber and a stuck slide. I can remove the slide from the weapon and still cannot get it out. No one I was with had even seen anything like that before. Looks like I need to take it to a gunsmith this week. Hopefully my baby will be fixed in no time. Gonna feel lost without it.
Jason

#2 ·
I've had that happen to me 3 times on my last trip to the range. I was using blazer aluminum ammo. To fix it I had to get the range gunsmith to look at it. All he did was rack the slide with more force than I could muster. Be careful with it though, the round in the chamber is live and ready to go (all 3 rounds that stuck my slide fired after) so make sure whoever fixes it is aware of that. It seemed to correlate to one of my magazines, but mechanically that does not make sense to me. I'd love to hear what the problem turns out to be.

#3 ·
Yeah, with the way steel and aluminum cased ammo expands, firarms can be picky with them until they are broke in.

#4 ·
Well was able to fiddle with it thanks to an awesome video by big tack on youtube and was able to extract it. The striker had dimpled the primer but it did not fire. When i tried to rack it the extractor came off the round thus making it unable to move. Got everything out and reassembled and cleaned. Hand cycled the slide through about 4 mags worth of rounds and had no more issues. Gonna go to the range this week and see how she goes. And will definatly not use the same ammo. And using a mix of all of my mags as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#6 ·
Ok so it has been awhile and I forgot to post the results of retesting my M40-A1. After a major cleaning it ran perfectly with the 200+ rounds i put through it. Those rounds being a few different FMJ and a magazine or 2 of JHP. My final assessment was i believe the extractor spring got really dirty and needed some love. As for the video i will try to do it today or tomorrow but i miss spelt the name it is big taco so that might help

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.