Mueller Tactical 4-16X50

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Wulf, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

Hey, I just picked up a Mueller Tactical 4-16X50 GR/AO for $135 to my door. Does anyone have any experience with this mil-dot scope? Its goin' on a $400 Tikka T3 308 Win. Should this make a good combo for shootin' say out to 300 yards? I really would be happy with a tac driver from the bench at 100 yds. <shrug> Plz advise. Thanx. Hava good week.

Wulf

2. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

muller scope

wulf,

i have an order in from [email protected] for a 4.5-12x40 ao for $115.00 w/ sunshade to my door.

denny at mizzou mule sells muellers cheap and backs them up.

they are made in china but have a good reputation for clear optics to the edge.

rimfire .com has alot of satisfied customers.
    check it out.

i don't know how these scopes will hold up under heavy calibers.

check muller's web site too.

:) cheers

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Thanx, *man :)

I'm on it. Hava great week.

Wulf

4. FalconerRods

FalconerRods Guest

Great So Far

Wulf-

I got the 4-16X50 illuminated Mildot reticle Mueller (Part# MT41650IGR) for Christmas this year and put it on a Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit rifle. I only have about 600 rounds through it to date but I have been very pleased. Good range of adjustment and the scope will shoot the box at 100 yards. The Mildot seems to be on at 10X power as it should be and the adjustments are repeatable.

I mounted it with Warne QD rings and it will actually return to zero. That's better other setups I have tried although I believe that has more to do with the rings than the scope.

If I had to complain I could really only find a few things. The adjustments are 1/8" rather than 1/4". If you are going to do much adjusting or long range shooting that is a lot of clicks to keep up with when compared to 1/4" adjustments. I do not shoot long distances (over 300) with this rifle so to me it does not mean much.

I do not think it is as clear edge to edge as the Leupold or Zeiss scopes I have used but it was much, much cheaper. It seems to really struggle looking into direct sunlight so you'll need the free sunshade. Maybe the coatings are not as good? I think my higher end scopes gather light better in low light conditions but the illuminated reticle sort of makes up for that or seems to. Unfortunately I have not been able to ask the opinion of as many coyotes as I'd like to date.

All in all, it seems to be an awful lot of scope for the money. We'll just have to see how it holds up. I hope this helps.

Good luck.

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Thanx Falcon* :)

I appreciate the comeback. I picked it up for $135 to my door with the 3" sunshade, so money-wise I'm in the green. I'm still strugglin' with the rings, tho. The Tikka T3 Lite I'm puttin' it on comes with a medium scope ring for the dovetail receiver. If its an Optilock Tikka/Sako, then that'll be just right according to Baretta USA. But, I've actually been on the phone with Warne and they recommend the high mounts. BTW, the Warne people were great on the phone, big ol' A++. I talked with Tim and he was very helpful and candid, 2 things I find very comforting in techies. Also, he had a Tikka T3 Lite in the 7MM WSM that he had only good things to say about. I got the 308 Win but all I'm really wantin' is a mildly recoiling tack driver at 100 yard bench, for the fun of it. I'm kinda a lazy Bastard and 300 yds or more is a real pain in the ass to deal with on a country range, mostly to yourself all the time. <shrug> Anyway, thanx for the info and I'll post a range report once I've got all the pieces of the puzzle in place. Take care. :)

Wulf