Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a former MSAR dealer who no longer has rifles in stock and doesn't plan to get any more but has what he terms "a bunch" of MSAR magazines. I asked him if he would be willing to sell me the mags at a discount (he has them marked at $39 for 30-rounders and $45 for 42-rounders). He said he might, and asked what I would offer for them.

I have an AUG A3, and I am assuming that there's no problem using the MSAR magazines (the ones I looked at seemed identical to the Steyrs; it was only when I noticed the MSAR name that I realized they were clone mags).

Are the MSAR mags as good as real Steyr mags? What should I offer this guy for the mags? Best local price for genuine Steyr mags seems to be $45 for 30-rounders.

Thanks,
Whisper

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
You had better verify that - as I recall MSAR made AUG mags, STG556 mags, and a limited run of AR-15 mags (for their E4 stocks that accept them). If they do work for your rifle, they should be good to go - my old MSAR mags were pretty bombproof and looked great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back and checked today; these were STG556 mags and would not work in the AUG. So I guess I will pay the price for real Steyr mags.

Cheers,
Whisper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.