MSAR magazine quality and price?

Discussion in 'AUG, MSAR' started by Whisper, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Whisper

Whisper New Member

I have found a former MSAR dealer who no longer has rifles in stock and doesn't plan to get any more but has what he terms "a bunch" of MSAR magazines. I asked him if he would be willing to sell me the mags at a discount (he has them marked at $39 for 30-rounders and $45 for 42-rounders). He said he might, and asked what I would offer for them.

I have an AUG A3, and I am assuming that there's no problem using the MSAR magazines (the ones I looked at seemed identical to the Steyrs; it was only when I noticed the MSAR name that I realized they were clone mags).

Are the MSAR mags as good as real Steyr mags? What should I offer this guy for the mags? Best local price for genuine Steyr mags seems to be $45 for 30-rounders.

Thanks,
    Whisper

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You had better verify that - as I recall MSAR made AUG mags, STG556 mags, and a limited run of AR-15 mags (for their E4 stocks that accept them). If they do work for your rifle, they should be good to go - my old MSAR mags were pretty bombproof and looked great.

3. \JMiller

\JMiller New Member

The original 556 mags were good to go, the original run of the E4 mags had issues. Never had any problems with my 556 mags either, fed everything, and were tough.

4. Whisper

Whisper New Member

I went back and checked today; these were STG556 mags and would not work in the AUG. So I guess I will pay the price for real Steyr mags.

Cheers,
    Whisper

5. \JMiller

\JMiller New Member

They are slightly different, AUG magazines will work in an STG556, but, not vice versa.

6. tombirdman

tombirdman New Member

I have a ton of the old magazines but also have a couple of E3 stocks and trigger packs that I am holding on to - just in case.