Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Mansfield is really close... In fact, my good friend (and board member silverx0ne) lives in Mansfield a bit off south 360... We have a growing Steyr cult - 4 of us (5 M9A1's between us and another 2 on the way...) :twisted: Alpine will be very close to you - it's a decent enough outdoor range, though it is often pretty crowded. Bullseye is located over in Duncanville - the lighting/ventilation sucks and the facilities are lacking, but it definitely works if you need an indoor range. There are other indoor range options if you travel to Dallas (DFW Gun Club [sucks] :evil:) or go further north (BulletTrap in Plano - reportedly good). Quail Creek (outdoor) is out to the north west and is supposed to be a good range.

My main complaint with the local ranges is crowding and the outdoor variety do not allow FMJ rifle ammo :evil:.

And you rock the ultra-rare M357A1? :shock: I'll definitely trade you a few rounds downrange on my suppressed M9A1 for the chance to do the same on the .357SIG :party: What else do you shoot?

Just curious - what age bracket do you fall into? There's always room for another Steyr shooter here in the metroplex! :beer:

· Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Any of the ranges I mentioned before will work, with my strong preference on Alpine (outdoor) or Bullseye (indoor)... I would meet up with you on a weekend, but class just started and I'm broke :oops:. Give me a couple weeks to get my head back up above water and we'll set something up :beer:.

You should be aware that there is a Dallas Market Hall gunshow on June 14 & 15 - $7 to get in. I've always found them to be worth going to, though it seems prices have been getting a little out of control around here lately. The DACA shows are pretty big (bigger than anything else I've been to in the area) and it's a good way to kill a few hours on the weekend if you are interested. I'm not 100% I'll be making it to this one or not yet...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.