mounts for prohunter

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by p230, Jan 22, 2008.

1. p230

p230 New Member

Guys,

Please refresh my memory. Will any ring/mount combo for the A-Bolt fit the pro hunters? I need a ring and mount set up for my 6.5X55 prohunter. The Talley one piece looks interesting but it is aluminum.

Thanks

2. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

A bolt mounts will indeed work for Steyr rifles. Talley mounts are very sturdy, so don't rule them out just because they are aluminum. I have used Talley mounts on a Tikka and they work just as well as steel mounts.

3. 9x23w

9x23w New Member

Believe the spacing between the front and rear sets of holes (not between the 2 holes for each base) is different for Pro Hunters compared to A Bolts. So 2 piece A Bolt mounts will work but 1 piece ones will not.

4. Cohiba

Cohiba Guest

the lowest way to mount a scope without the bolt handle hitting the eyepiece is to use Warne Maxima bases and leupold PRW/ QRW med height rings. this will accomidate over 44mm obj and give you about 2mm clearance at the eyepiece.

5. 1988rrc

1988rrc New Member

CDNN used to have new old stock steyr one piece mounts for the pro hunter. i think they were about 10.00 & made of steel.

6. p230

p230 New Member

I have a 7X56 MeoStar R1. I was planning on using the Talley two piece with integral ring/base. Any suggestions on high/med for this set up or any other for that matter?

Thanks

7. Rebhuhntoeter

Rebhuhntoeter New Member

two years later....

I've got bases and rings that will fit the Steyr.

They're medium, steel, made by Warne, stamped "Zeiss"

Never used/mounted on my Steyr. $35.

8. atticus

atticus New Member

Congrats on the 6.5.

9. p230

p230 New Member

Thanks, I really like it.