Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This rifle continues to amaze me. For a light barreled sporter with a plastic stock it shoots nearly as consistently as my Remington PSS did. Not quite as tight but as consistent. A couple of days ago at the range shooting at 100 yards with a newly added Kahles 3-9x42 scope I fired 5 groups with the Nosler 150 gr Ballistic Tip bullet ahead of Alliants R-19 powder lit by Win LR primers in Remington cases. Starting with 55.0 grs going by halves to 57.0 grs each group printed in the same area of its respective sub-target on the paper and groups ran from about half to just under one inch c-c. If I laid each group over the other it might go over an inch or a little bigger but not much. Impressive. I have one target that is even better using the Sierra 160 GameKing hollow point with R-22 and the average for all 5 groups is .724 inch, and like the other all are about the same POI on the sub-targets. I love this caliber and I love this rifle! It doesnt get much better for a sporter. To pay for the Kahles I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 with duplex reticle in near perfect condition for sale on Gunbroker if any one is looking for such a scope.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love the Steyr M Professsional. I craved one for years until I finally found one, new and unfired, in .30-06 with set triggers.

I bought a BRNO Mauser carbine in 7x64 years ago, and loved it so much that I wanted a full rifle. Could never find one, so I built one, and am restocking it now.

While looking, I ran across an SHR 970 in .280 Remington with walnut and synthetic stocks, so I bought that.

Thanks for posting your loads. Can you post the Overall Length? I will post some of my loads, and results of factory loads, in the SBS Pro Hunter. I am curious if both models of rifle like the same loads. I bet they do. But I have found all my Steyrs to shoot every reasonable load very well.

I had owned an SSG-69 long ago, but sold it because I wanted a real hunting rifle. I missed a few Professionals along the way, just recently a 7x64 with open sights. That did it. I just went ahead and ordered a Pro Hunter 7x64 with open sights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts