Misprint on Steyr's website?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by No.40, Oct 17, 2007.

1. No.40

No.40 Guest

Hello all,

Just a quick question...www.Steyrarms.com claims that the M40-A1 holds 15+1. I know it was farily common knowledge (at least I thought) that they hold 12+1 in the .40 chamber, and only 15 for .9mm.

Is this just a misprint?

http://www.steyrarms.com/index.php?id=208

-No.40[/code]

2. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Yep, just a misprint!
    _______
    mugdava

3. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I'd think you could get 150 rounds of .9mm in one of those magazines. :p

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

As the others said, it is a misprint. It is worth mentioning, however, that 14+1 and 15+1 capacity are possible using Wulf's Sigma magazine modification.

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I would also agree, most likely a misprint.

However, Just above the specifications, they show an M-A1 pistol with:

A. A magazine not fully inserted....

or

B. A longer/higher capacity magazine inserted...

[​IMG]

Hmmm......

:? :? :? :?

6. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

I went to the link and clicked on that picture then saved it. Once saved I enlarged the picture. At the enlarged size you can see the marks on the barrel that says 9x19 and on the mag it has 14 marked on it. So I believe it is "A" and it is just a 9mm with the mag not fully seated.

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here's the photo full-size off the site. See the number "14" on the mag? I bet if you turn it over it says "15" on the other side, so it's definitely a 9mm.

[​IMG]

Now I wouldn't mind having a few more of those 15-round 357 Sig magazines, but thanks to Brother Wulf and his magic mag springs mod, I've already got two "Wulf Special" 15-rounders. Steyr ought to get smart and put Wulf on the payroll so everybody can have 15 for their Steyr 357 Sigs and .40 S&Ws. :mrgreen:

8. No.40

No.40 Guest

OK so I went on the site again, and if you click on 'Steyr Pistols' on the home page, then the following page shows the correct 12+1 capacity. However, if you click on 'Law Enforcement and Military' from the home page, then on the Steyr Pistols, you get the incorrect 15+1 listing. It definitely must be a misprint, not to mention all of good stuff you all replied with.

Can somebody tell a Steyr noob how to get ahold of one of the Wulf's Sigma magazine modification?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

9. No.40

No.40 Guest

...And here is the official word from Steyr's Webmaster..

"Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have verified that the 15+1 is only for the 9mm. All others have a 10 or 12 +1 mag (depending on state laws)

I have made changes on the site to correct this error."

Oh well, so much for wishful thinking.

If someone has time, can you please shed some light on the Wulf's Sigma magazine modification?

-No.40

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Try Pm'ing WULF, OR, jump online one evening with your favorite IRC client and join us for conversation.... Wulf is frequently available there....

More info for IRC can be found here.

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

Hey, I gotta file I put together, few pics and some helpful info...kinda like a tutorial for the Sigma 40 mag conversions. PM me and I'll send it to ya free. <shrug> It ain't hard to do. Hell, even I can do it. :shock: Ya just need a Smith-Wesson Sigma 40 14- or 15-round mag, a Dremel tool and a little jewelers file set. It'd help to get a Wolff +10% power 14-15 round magazine spring if you're using a used Sigma 40 mag, but if ya get a new one, ya won't even need a new spring initially. This ain't no big thing, Dudes. :shock: The only problem I've found to hold consistent is the drop free feature is impaired in nearly all the 15-round Sigma mag conversions, and in quite a few of the 14-rounders. The magazine release spring in the mag well binds on the front of the Sigma mag body and the magazine binds, interrupting the dropping of the mag. Not enuf to make them a problem with feeding. <shrug> If I had my druthers, I'd druther have Steyr-Mannlicher's obtuse marketing management people drug into the American after market industry now-time, kickin' and screamin' if need be, and have their very capable engineers given a bit more freedom to deal with the M and S Series magazine capacity potential, given the available mag well space. <shrug> Their engineers are some of the most ingenious and innovative engineers in the global firearms industry and for some unknown reason, they are seemingly stifled in this hi capacity endeavor. :shock: WTF!!! :shock: Sorry.... <shrug> S-M is coming around, tho...and SAI has done wonders creating a customer service department unsurpassed by any other in the firearms industry. I look forward to a time when Steyr's global military and LEO contracts are satisfied enough for the American civilian market can be re-engaged on a more aggressive marketing level and the supply will once again meet the demand. Then, I won't hafta do anything but call up SAI and order some OEM hicap mags...state of the art and available muy pronto. *sigh* To be honest, I'd really rather work an extra couple hours one week and make enuf extra to getta couple hicap mags made by Mec-Gar for Steyr than to get a fuckin' S&W mag, convert it for my M-A1 and then worry if it'll drop free. But, until then, I'll do what I hafta to put 14- or 15-round mags in a state of the art pistol that I really dig, when only 12-rounders are available OEM. IMHO, what a fuckin' PIT'fuckin'A! :twisted: Sorry bout that. :oops: Sometimes I get a bit worked up. :roll: Anyway, if you're really interested in doin' the conversions for yourself, PM me. And, don't be afraid to contact S-M and SAI and tell them what the fuck more ya want from 'em for your Steyrs! Sooner the better. That oughtta give the fuckin' bean counters a bit o' incentive. :roll: Hava great weekend, Boys. :)

[​IMG]

Wulf

12. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

looks like they fixed it, when I read it. it only says 12+1.

13. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Read UP 3 posts/3 days to:

:wink: :wink:

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Folks, for future reference, only the 9mm has those indentations in the mag body. It's a sure way to ID a 9mm Steyr magazine.