Milled slide

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Backbaybob, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Backbaybob

Backbaybob New Member

Has anyone milled the M9 A1 slide to accept a red dot sight. Can it be done without affecting the roll pin?
    Thanks for any info

SurfGent likes this.
  2. Housertl

Housertl Active Member

Yes. There is JUST enough room to fit a Glock rear sight behind the roll pin, and a Trijicon RMR between the roll pin and the extractor.

Search my posts and you’ll see pictures.

SurfGent likes this.

3. Six Toed Slim

Six Toed Slim New Member

How much extra milling do you have to have done to be able to fit in a Glock sight?

4. Housertl

Housertl Active Member

It’s just a dovetail, but you do have to relieve the striker retaining plate a smidge. The slide is actually hollow at that point, so make sure your gunsmith stakes the sight in.

5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Working with a co now . On designing a milled slide . And a RMR mount that should work with any of the Steyr pistols without cutting..
    I will post more information as it comes.

6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

I should have some information and pic in about 2 or 3 weeks.

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Hey yall . I just got some news about my design for Steyr slides . There going to work it out and i will have pic and a some Initial information around Christmas time . Looks like if all go's well they will be available Jan or Feb 2019.

8. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Any chance of a group buy?

Case likes this.
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

I don't believe that will be necessary if everything works the way I hope, you can have yours done , buy a slide, or a hole new gun.
    BUT nothing is 100%yet there are Multiple people involved and everyone is working on there part to make it happen.

10. SurfGent

SurfGent Well-Known Member

11. sdvldog1371

sdvldog1371 New Member

I had my s9-a1 with the rear rollpin cut for the new Holosun 507k and it fits beautifully without interfering with the rear sight dovetail or the extractor. Chris Richardson of FABRICATED ARMS did it for a very reasonable price.

SurfGent and Case like this.