MidTNShooter Needs Shooting Partners in Cali on 01/12-01/13/

Discussion in 'California' started by midtnshooter, Jan 9, 2008.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Hey Mr.Boma,

I'll call you when I arrive. I didn't ship my pistols, because I don't own a mag that is less than 12 rounds. Hopefully TSA didn't snatch my Kimber Pepper Spray out of my checkin bag. Here in Tennessee, all high caps are welcomed.

Take Care,
    MTS

P.S. Will have a rental to get me to ya'lls "neck of the woods".

2. paradox

paradox New Member

If you're going to be anywhere near Yosemite, drop me a line.

3. mrboma

mrboma Member

MT,
    Call me when you land and we can work out what range and details.
    Regards,
    Mike

4. midtnshooter

Paradox,

I'm not sure where Yosemite is, but PM me when you get a chance.

MrBoma,

I called the house and left a message. I'll be in class during the day. Call back and I will call you when I get a break. Looking forward to meeting you.

MTS

5. midtnshooter

Go figure this..... I'm a Tennessean that made the first post in this thread. Not in TN, but in California. Thanks Admins for the thread. Now when are some of you Steyroids coming to Tennessee ?

Take Care All,

A (aka MTS)

6. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Midtnshooter!

Where are You gonna be? If anywhere near Santa Maria(170 miles north of LA!) drop me a PM and perhaps We can turn a few hundred rounds.
    _______
    mugdava

7. paradox

paradox New Member

I'm in the central sierras, yosemite is just the closest landmark that people might know. If you wind up in the central valley in the Merced to Modesto region, it is worth making the drive up to where I'm at. Especially this time of year: all the grass lands are green instead of brown and many spots are in their one flower of the year.

8. mrboma

mrboma Member

Mid,
    Missed your call last night. I have some BS to do until about 1pm.
    Will call you then.
    Regards,
    Mike

9. midtnshooter

Hey All,

MrBoma and I are meeting at the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club on Sunday 01/13/08 http://www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com/larg_general_info.html and would like to see any of the SteyrClub guys/gals there. Email me at [email protected] or PM MrBoma for details.

We have talked for about a month to shoot the Sh*t, talk more Sh*t and have a great time sending lead down range. He has promised me an arsenal, I really want the Maine Lobsters his friend brought him Friday night.

I am doing the winery tours in Napa Valley and will bring some wine to finish off a great day. After target shooting, he has promised me (not only some pistol and rifle shooting) my first hand at clay shooting. H*ll, I never ate some clay pigeons before. I figure with some nice lemon butter sauce, they might go down great with some Shiraz or Merlot. If not, I will bring some Tennessee Jack Daniels or some Bud Ice. Do they taste like possum?

I would love to meet my new friends in California, please come. I'll be in Sacramento and San Fransicko on Saturday and Middle Cal for the shoot on Sunday.

Thank you all. My treat MrBoma is in Nashville. Do you like Country Rock ? They used to call it Southern Rock.

I am sooooo excited. Sniper rifles, pistol shooting and some clay pigeons on the grill ! :party:

I ahve always wanted to shoot clay. Thank you.

MTS

10. mrboma

mrboma Member

First off: The Maine lobsters were incredible. Amazing how sweet the bug meat is from the other side of the country. Ours are good, dont get me wrong - but the East Coasters have a flavor you just can't get here.

Second off: You are about to become addicted to Skeet :twisted:
    When it comes to shooting I am not sure there is a more fun way to send lead down range. As for thier culinary value, I would have to say they taste a bit like 4 day old mud that has caked onto the bottom of your boot.

Third: I can do Southern/Country Rock. Always loved the Black Crows (do they count?).

Looking forward to it.
    Regards,
    Mike

11. midtnshooter

Black Crows, Skooter Jennings (waylon's son that rocks hard). Waylon did the sound track and voice of Dukes of Hazard TV series, Shooter did the same for the movie.

12 pm sounds good, but I am heading back from San Fran later and hope to get some sleep tonight. Still :beer: ing ! Ooops, wait.... family room.
    We might have to make it 1pm though.

Bring your wife and I'll buy the clay and the lemon butter sauce.

Your email listed some really fine arsenal.

See Ya !

MTS