Steyr Club Forums banner
201 - 220 of 243 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone! Gunbuster here. I haven't busted any guns so far and don't intend to but my childhood nickname was Buster so it seemed appropriate to add Gun to the front. (Gun Buster was also the pseudonym of a British soldier who wrote about his experiences during WW2.)
I've taken up shooting late in life and living in south-east England where we're blessed with large military ranges where I do all my shooting. It's difficult to find land here with anything bigger than vermin to shoot anyway.

I'm building a small selection of rifles to accommodate the requirements for ranges from 25 yards out to over 1000 yards and the most recent addition is a Model L in .308 with a 22½" barrel and double set triggers. I know it's a stalking/game rifle but it was too cheap to pass up this quality and finish and it should be good out to 300yds. I've Googled for all I'm worth but information about this model seems hard to come by, or maybe not now that I've discovered the Steyr Club.

I haven't yet received the rifle from the dealer but his pictures and description say a lot about the state of the rifle, which apparently hasn't been shot for about 12 years. It's been well looked after and properly stored though and I look forward to getting my hands on it before long.

The serial number is, as far as is possible to make out, 208xxx so any info about rifles in that series would be appreciated. I hope to hear from anyone who has a Model L or has any tips or info, especially about reloading for this calibre.

Cheers
John

· Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm 31 and in WI. My father just bought me my first gun a Steyr M9 first gen I'd imagine. I have a black powder revolver, but I don't shoot it too often. So far, I love my M9 and can't find anything I dislike so far. Except the small amount of aftermarket stuff for it, like the rail adapter, and a good amount of holster info. I'm looking into getting my ccw permit and would like to find a sturdy yet comfortable Concealed holster for it. I don't know much about guns, but I've already learned a lot from reading on this forum. Thanks!

· Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys and gals! New Steyr owner here! Very excited to have my M9-A1. It's my first handgun and I think it will be my only one. I shot and looked at buying alot of guns but was on the fence about which one. As soon as I held the L9-A1 I just knew, this was THE ONE. I instantly fell in love with it and bought it without even shooting it. Stupid? Maybe with any other gun, but not this one! :D

· Registered
909 Posts
just saying hello , new to the form ,but not to Steyr's, I 'v have had a GB, m9 , just picked up a new L9-A1.
looking to find a M357.
I'am out of west Tn if any one is around me that like to shoot USPSA send me a PM
CASE

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys,
My name is Dave, I live in the peoples republic of Mass. I'm 42 yrs. old. My first gun was bought back in 82 just as I received my CCL. It is a HK P9 sport. I found this site because of my appreciation of German engineering. I have a Styer LP1 match air pistol that I shoot several times a week.Other interests are woodworking (my profession) antiques ( guns,knives,trucks and houses ) I am in the process of purchasing an S-9 or S-40
Yeah, I grew in Massachusetts as well
Hey Guys,
My name is Dave, I live in the peoples republic of Mass. I'm 42 yrs. old. My first gun was bought back in 82 just as I received my CCL. It is a HK P9 sport. I found this site because of my appreciation of German engineering. I have a Styer LP1 match air pistol that I shoot several times a week.Other interests are woodworking (my profession) antiques ( guns,knives,trucks and houses ) I am in the process of purchasing an S-9 or S-40
Yes sir, I grew in MA as well, but we have some years between us. I am a former teacher who retired to Conway, NH. Because of the absurd firearm rules in MA, I immediately purchased a Glock upon taking up residence in NH. Still, have a number of Glocks. Have a Walther PPQ-Q5 now as well. Sold a couple of Glocks and had a Walther PPQ-M2 and an HK VP40. As you can see, I, too, have a penchant for German and Austrian engineering. I am also a certified armorer for Glocks and the Sig Sauer P320.

Currently, have a Steyr M9-A1, Model 397232K, on layaway with Bud's Gun Shop. Want to make certain that it is not gray market. Having trouble determining the generation of this pistol and the probably manufacturing date. If anyone can help, I would be in their debt.

By the way, Dave, I grew up in Mansfield, lived in Attleboro and built a house in Norton. What's your story?

· Registered
5 Posts
Florida, previously NC.

Formerly worked in EMS, now teaching high school (the hours are waaaay better!).

Steyr L40-A1 owner, looking for conversions in 357 sig and 9mm (I like my semi autos to be able to use multiple calibers...seen too many ammo shortages). Hope to add a GB to the collection someday.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.