Making a form for holsters need some M9A1 dimensions

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Polymer Proselyte, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

I can get the side dimensions from the almost 1:1 scale pic from the S-M.com but I need the following:

Width at bottom of trigger guard, at front of trigger guard, rail width, lower slide width, upper slide width and receiver rebate above rail.

Milimetres would be good but I can convert from inches if required.

Cheers PP

2. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Well if you own one you can use it to form kydex, then pour a mold with the form. If you dont own one, maybe someone will form one for some change.

3. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Its just an idea I've been thinking about. Just need those 6 measurements to continue.

PP

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

someone used to make a metal dummy of the steyr for holster makers. I forgot who that was and where to buy them been searching.

getting into kydex holster making as a hobby its fun.

so far made a holster for a S&W sigma. working on one for my steyr M's. next is S&W 22A

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Duncan Customs. They used to be the source for cast replicas.
    Quality has slipped over the years.

SAI was supposed to have some Blue guns by Rings manufacturing. These are supposed to be dimensionally stable and the exact dimensions for holster making.

6. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Maybe this is an idiotic idea, but could you wrap the gun in plastic wrap and then make a plaster mold? After you had that you could cast the gun in any number of mediums.

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

not to let the cat out of the bag, but iluvmy40 (the same who brought us the fabulous kydex forming tutorial) and i are going to do just that in the coming weeks.

should see some really neat stuff coming from him soon.

8. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

I know this is a little late but, Ring's has the MA1 blue gun and ASP has the M red gun. neither have the S or SA1. I wish Ring's had both as, IMHO, theirs is the superior product. Ask your distributor to call Ring's or ASP as neither show these on their catalogue or web site.
    If you are going to use them molding holsters make sure to ask for it unfinished as the paint tends to mark up the kydex. I have an unfinished M&P and it works fine with out leaving any marks. I forgot to order the Steyr unfinished and it does leave marks behind.
    BT and I will be modifying one of the M series red guns to be used as an S series for molding holsters.

BTW the casting didn't work as planned.

9. millsusaf

millsusaf Guest

Marks like what? Does the paint of the blue gun come off on to the kydex?

Thanks

10. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Yes it does....

11. millsusaf

millsusaf Guest

Would a releasing agent prevent that?

12. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Maybe some thinner will take off the paint????