Mags and lights for M9A1 and M9

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Kimo, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Kimo

Kimo Guest

I currently have an M9.... will the Streamlight TLR2 fit on the rail? If not, I am considering selling the M9 and getting an M9A1. In that case, will the mags in the M9 fit the M9A1?

Thanks ahead of time.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The mags will work just fine. I do not believe the light will, as the original M's rail is 2 unconnected slots and I believe the TLR2 requires a solid slot (if that makes any sense). If you sold the M and ordered the MA1 from CDNN, the "upgrade" shouldn't cost much at all.

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

you need the IGB adapter check with MDWGuns

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

The rail adapter isn't great. It's huge and has the light hang very low below the trigger guard.

The TLR1-TLR2 will fit the A1 series guns perfectly

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I want to know what the hell was supposed to fit the original M "rail" system, anyway.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"I want to know what the hell was supposed to fit the original M "rail" system, anyway."
    ------------------------------------
    Exactly what I have been asking myself for 3 years.

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

same thing that would fit on other gun manufactures proprietary rail systems back when no standard was set.
    cz,hk,sig,s&w,walther and good number of others.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Steyr obviously had some idea for their own proprietary system that never worked out. At least they realized the mistake and remedied it with the A1 series - H&K is only now realizing the proprietary setup can be a deal-breaker with the civilian market.

I'm not surprised to hear the adapter for the Ms leaves a lot to be desired - I have an adapter for my USPc and the bottom of my M6X hangs almost as low as the floor plate of the magazine :shock:.

9. smores

smores Guest

When I get the USP, I'll probably get the Insight M2 UTL (universal tactical light) that fits the H&K rail. However, the LAM-350 (laser aiming module) is in the ballpark of $1200.

[​IMG]

http://www.isoldmygun.com/listings/deta ... =836470202

I can't justify spending almost two times more than the price of the gun on a single accessory....

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya, the LAM is absolutely insane $$$$$$. But then the hardcore H&K guys tend to not care about little things like money... :evil: :lol:

In fairness, most people put the LAM on the SOCOM, so you're only spending half as much on the light as you did on the pistol. Come to think of it, my M6X was only $100 shy of my M9A1, so I should probably shut my mouth. :p I guess if you want it bad enough, price isn't as much of an issue.

11. smores

smores Guest

Lol... I was thinking of getting a TLR-2 for my M40-A1 as a housewarming present, but then I got my C&R FFL and decided to buy a CZ-82 for $210.

Well, guess I'll have to wait till next month. Then again.... I am considering taking a chunk of my 401k out (not a lot) to pay down some debt and buy some new toys ;)