magazines

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by MrApathy, Jan 31, 2007.

1. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

outside of cdnninvestments looks like the magazines are pretty well gone. though auctionarms and gunbroker have listings. I see joespawnshop has magazines for steyrs had nothing but good experience with him. his prices look reasonable though he has a demanding price on S series mags intelligently so. all I see are ten rounders.

ammoclip.com has some mags though quite expensive
    maybe cheaperthandirt hit there site in searches but must be doing server maintenance for moment.
    egunparts has m40 mag though very pricey

anyone calling steyr arms ask if mags may come.
    if not availible from steyr maybe see if IGB can get them.

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

All we gotta do to get fair-priced factory S mags is buy the $10 M40 mags from CDNN and have the Club find a good source for the 12-round hicapper mag base plates and whallah, factory S-Mag hicappers for bout $15. :p Dayam 8-O Would somebody pass the stocker 12-round Steyr mag base plates for the M40/M357 hicap mags :!: ...plz :?:

Wulf <-- claps himself on the back, "that oughtta do it."

3. Fredhead

Fredhead New Member

How many is enough?

Seriously. How many do you guys have?
    I've got 6, 3 10's and 3 real, I'm thinking I'm ok.

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Re: How many is enough?

For my M9 I have two 10 round. For my M9A1 I have two 15 round. So, for any one of them I have four mags. For my m40A1 I have two 12 round and six 10 round. The two round difference on the Forties doesn't bother me so much and will make great range mags as I usually only load to ten for the range as it is. My goal is to add two more full sized 9's and 40s.

Art

5. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

I have 6 ten rounders... (friggin' 10 round limit :x ) but I think I'm set :wink:

6. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I have 10, 10 round M40 mags and two 10 round S40 mags ... I wish I could get some standard mag baseplates and convert a couple of my M40 mags into S40 mags (the 10 round M40 mag is nothing more than an S40 mag with an extended baseplate).

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Zund* :)

Whataya mean by "standard"? If standard means 12-round hicap base plates, you're right. :) If ya mean standard as in 10-round stockers, won't happen. <shrug> G'luck.

Wulf

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I'm thinking about some dremel-fu on the tall 10rd baseplates to turn them into standard baseplates, but I need a few to work on. Anyone got some extra?

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Sure, Thunder*

I got some. What's in it for me? :twisted:

Wulf

10. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

find a shop with a vertical mill and you can make the baseplates would recommend aluminum, machining plastic sucks atleast in my experience gums up and can melt making a mess. the tough part is the slot in the sides for holding the baseplate together and the height.

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

You kiddin', MrAP? 8-O

I gotta xtra 12-round M40 base plate that you're welcomed to use for just that purpose. Ya got somebody in mind for the CNC work? I don't mind sendin' ya the mag base plate PDQ. Find out how much it'd cost outta aluminium and if'n its financially dooable, count me in for some. I'll damn sure help ya put together an order for them bad boys. I'll bet a few members would be glad to jump in on the bandwagon for the right price. Hell, I wouldn't mind gettin' some modified Sigma 40 base plates made up, as well. Even if they cost $10 each, that'd be great. But, in all honesty, I haven't a clue how much to expect for a CNC'd aluminium base plate. <shrug> Whataya reckon fair market value is? Let me know. You rock, Dude! 8)

Wulf

12. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

1.5" square of 6061-T6 about $10 per foot
    cut into pieces slightly oversized of the height
    that or put the strip on the mill and work on multiple at once.
    get out the calipers you use for your ammo and measure the baseplate. my hands are full.

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Still looking for extra trap sights to work on? I'll have a pair headed your way in a few weeks.

15. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Done, deal, Bro. 8)

Wulf <-- spits in paw and shakes Thunder*'s hand

PM me with the specifics. :)

16. fireblast713

fireblast713 Guest

6 - 10 rounders for my M40-A1, stupid CA gun laws... That aside the 10 rounders were 10$ from CDNN and the 12rd magazines were like 25$ from onpoint. So I did save quite a bit on mags and 2 rounds isn't a huge deal. I'd be more pissed if I had a 9mm and could only have 10 rounds.

17. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I just picked up two 14 rd. M9 magazines from Gunbroker.com for $34.50 each. I can live with that. My local dealer told me that Steyr magazines were around $30. Does anyone know the regular price of Steyr mags when they could be had?

Buzz

18. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

29.95 was the most common price, though I think madecov had them for less. I haven't asked him recently if he still could.

19. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Thats about what I figured. I ended up buying three. For my M9 and M9A-1 I'll have five full capacity mags and two ten rounders for the range.

FYI as of right now they have more of these mags for sale. Call 256-894-9994, Joe's Pawn Shop.

Buzz

20. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

FYI, the aforementioned Joes Pawn Shop where I picked up my 14 round M9 mags has S9 and S40 mags and a boatload of other Steyr mags for sale at gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com. I just picked up 2 S9 mags for $28.50 each.

Buzz