Magazines in new Steyr won't drop free.

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by tenchu74, Jul 12, 2015.

1. tenchu74

tenchu74 Member

I just got a new M357-A1 and empty magazines don't drop free. When i first took it out of the box they would eject and drop free if i held the pistol completely vertical but after the first range session they kept getting hung up after i hit the release and i would have to pull them out by hand. I'm curious to why this was happening as the M9-A1 I used to have also had this problem. This is a major problem as it won't work for competition or training. Has anybody else had this problem? Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. If I can't figure out a fix I will have to call Steyr.

SurfGent likes this.
  2. SurfGent

SurfGent Member

Have you tried tearing it down and clean and oil to see as well if anything looks out of place ?

3. Andromeda451

Andromeda451 New Member

Driver,

Tear the unit down and give the weapon a good clean and lube. Also clean the magazines. I have an M9-A1 and came across this problem and a good cleaning fixed it for me. Good Luck.

SurfGent likes this.
  4. b_minus

b_minus Member

Has anyone else tried the "reduced power" mag release spring from Ranger Point? I put one in my L9 and I'm liking it.

SurfGent likes this.
  5. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 Member

A little polishing of the mags with Johnson floor wax should do the trick.