Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've browsed the forum a lot, and I can honestly say this place has been an invaluable source of information for me, and I really appreciate it. I own a Steyr M40, and a very early one at that, mine specifically rolled out in August 1999. I absolutely love the gun, Steyr's damn near made a cult fan out of me with this thing.

However, it is the only one I've ever seen in real life, or really even floating around outside of Steyr oriented places outside the vary rare occasional review on some YouTube channels. I see newer models of Steyr's pistols on internet gun shops at times which is cool.

But, it seeming to me to be such a niche gun I'm having a hard time finding things available for it. All I'm really looking for are magazines at the moment, and I saw that apparently M40-A1 magazines do fit the M40. Still, I'm not having much luck finding much availability. All the sites I've seen recommended are on posts that're over a decade old by now and so of course the info isn't as up to date.

Appreciate any help, advice or recommendations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an M40 made in June 2000 and I love it. I was able to get NOS 12 round mags on Gunbroker. They fit the same as the 10 rounder that came with my gun, can't tell the difference when it's in the gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All of the 40/357 barrels will fit anything they clear the slide on in 40/357.
A long enough RCM barrel can be threaded in an S or M.
I've measured one in my early S40, so can't speak to the M40.
Does anyone know if all of the S and M40s were the same length?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Cool, mines like that as well. In my "opinion" these pistols are higher quality than the later rounds of importing. Fit and finish wise. I ordered a m9 afterwards and was disappointed with the attention to detail of the gun. It shot fine nothing wrong with it, it just was a let down. I think I posted my review of this some years back on this forum. Anyway enjoy your great pistol. If you have the original box and manual that's great there quite rare to find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts