Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just ordered a spare magazine for my C9-A1, and it's one of the new 17-rounders. The spring is EXTREMELY stiff, so I'm gonna load and unload it a couple of times, and leave it loaded for a while to see if it'll lighten up at all. Also, the +2 baseplate kinda sticks out beneath the bottom of my grip a bit, and doesn't fit as well into the foam case, so I might just stick with the 15-rounders. After all, IDPA doesn't let you use more than 10 in the mag anyway.

I looked around online, but I can't find magazine parts anywhere. Is there somewhere I can order the flat baseplates, and maybe some replacement springs and followers if mine start to wear out? One of my 15-rounders doesn't like to lock back when I'm shooting, though it will when I pull the slide manually, so I'd like to replace the springs in it and see what that does.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
You would probably need to talk to Steyr Arms about parts, but the way the floor plate attaches to the 17 round magazine is completely different from the 15/10 round design - the parts are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just recently talked to them about spare 9mm followers and they said check back mid January 2013. I wouldn't be surprised if all magazine parts were similarly out of stock. I was interested in converting two 10 round .40 mags to two 12 round 9mm mags for My S9-A1. When they said they were out of the followers I just decided to order more mags for parts. If you are in a hurry or think a ban is likely you may want to go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts