Magazine for S40-A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by kscamm, Nov 30, 2013.

1. kscamm

kscamm New Member

I recently took a chance and bought on Ebay a couple magazines for my S40-A1. They were listed as 'new' and were still on their green display card. The description listed them as "Steyr M-40 - 10rd .40 cal - factory NEW magazines". Since I couldn't find any information about whether an M40 mag would fit an S40, I decided if I could get a low enough price I'd get them and if they didn't work in my S40 I'd relist them try to sell them. Well, I got them and they work. I'm very happy. They are not identical to my original S40 mags. They protrude below the gun handle about an inch. The protruding part is plastic. The metal part looks exactly like my originals. So, I can use them as is, or I might try to remove the plastic protrusion. If anyone is interested in seeing a picture of the mags and how they look in the pistol, just let me know and I'll send photos. The Mannlicher article number on the display card was: "Art.No. 1 39010505011" If anyone has shortened a magazine by removing the plastic extension, I'd love to hear from you.

By the way, I love my S40. I do not love the fact that Steyr has a very poor, outdated, web site. I wish it was up-to-date and gave me a feeling that they would be around for decades to come. [

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  2. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

I'm glad you found some S40 mags. I'm lookin' at getting a few of the 12rd M40 mags to carry as my extra mag.

3. Roger

Roger New Member

I bought 3 M40A1 mags for my S40A1 because they only cost $19.95 each. Couldn't find 10 round S40A1 mags anywhere. These 3 12 rounders will serve well at the range.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  4. Okie67

Okie67 Member

5. jmart211

jmart211 New Member

I know this post is old and you may have found some, but brownells has them for $27.99 right now. I ordered some last night.

6. jmart211

jmart211 New Member

Oh and okie67, it's nice to see a fellow Oklahoman on here!