Mabuhay!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by junex, Nov 27, 2006.

1. junex

junex Guest

Hello from the Philippines.

After giving up on the Streyr pistol ever reaching our shores, I was pleasantly surprised to find a dealer carrying the M-A1. Made a downpayment and am just waiting for the paperwork to go through so I can bring my M40 home.

Glad to see there are a few Pinoy Steyr owners here. Hopefully I can drag one of you guys to the range to show me what I am doing wrong....... if there is a problem that is.

Hope I'll be as happy with my gun as all you guys are.

2. nixon

nixon Member

Hello Junex,
    Welcome and Mabuhay too ! Anyway, either one of 9mm, 357 sig, or 40 sw should be fine. I have M40-a1 and i'm very happy with it. Let us know of your range report when you get the chance to shoot it. Had shot 650 rounds of 165 gr. CCI Brass and Federal Amer. Eagle and Win. white box, so far so good. Only had 2 FTE's. These guns usually need a break -in period at around 500 rounds or so.

Note : mine does not like the 180 gr. bullet; also, clean and lubricate with oil specially the slide rails and all moving parts before shooting and always clean with a gun scrubber power spray those hard to reach crevices specially the striker fire mechanism after each session (I don't oil the firing pin area) but i make sure it's clean.
    Nixon

3. junex

junex Guest

Hi Nixon,

Can't wait to get to the range. Will post a range report when I do.

Will follow your advice on cleaning and lubrication. Been reading the forums and tutorials for a while now. Since I can't get my M40 yet, I might as well live thru you guys while I wait.

Speaking of tutorials, is it just me or are the links to the pics on bigtaco's articles broken? Can't open or download the pdf formats also.

.......running out of things to do while waiting. :wink:

4. littey

littey New Member

Kamusta?

I got the M40 A-1 last August I have been using it here in competitions, particularly in the Bulacan area. I am very pleased with it and did not experience any FTE. A few FTF but it may be bullet related rather than thegun itself.

I also like the way people approach me and ask what kind of gun I am handling. :eek:

5. neviv

neviv New Member

Hello Kabayan,

Welcome to the group of steyr, also have the M40 A1 nice pistol

6. anticentipede

anticentipede New Member

Greetings, i'm from the Philippines too, i don't have a gun yet but i'm already planning to buy a steyr m9a1 after the elections.

It will be my first gun and handgun.

I've held both the m40a1 and the m9a1 at the recent gunshow in megamall, i liked the m9a1 better, the m40a1 was too front/top heavy probably due to the bigger barrel.

Not many people own steyrs in the Philippines and at the gunshow only a few people paid attention to the steyr a1 guns.

The m9ai is even being sold slightly cheaper at the gunshow than old m9, one dealer was selling the m9a1 for around 30T+ Php while another dealer was selling the old m9 for 33T+ php.

Regular price for the m9a1 is supposely 34T php, the m40a1 is slightly more expensive than that.

Can't wait for the next gun show!

7. nuj

nuj New Member

hello and mabuhay to all filipinos owning and will be owning a steyr pistol, let me say to you that i have one of the first and only forty original version of the m40 sold here in the phillipines, the rest of the 39 pistols were taken by someone in high authority in makati government, anyway, friends, the gun is really great and pleasant to shoot, the sight is a little weird but in time you'll get used to it and as for accessories for the older version you can buy at makati cimena square, the new version will be a different story. Hope that one day we can get together at the local range in manila to exchange stories on ourt steyr pistol

8. neviv

neviv New Member

Thats true not many people own steyr pistol here in the Philippines because they are afraid of lack of parts and accessories.

9. nixon

nixon Member

To all Mabuhay Guys in RP,
    Don't worry about parts or service for your Steyrs. If you don't already know, Steyr USA has now a very good customer service and they are backing up their excellent product 100%. Any problems or issues you may have, you are definitely welcome to ask for referrals or help in this forum. Now I don't know about the situation there in RP. Is the importer in RP the same Co. in the US ?
    Nixon

10. junex

junex Guest

Nice to hear from all you guys. Hope we do get together someday.

As for the importer, I don't think we have the same importer as you guys in the US.

My dealer said that they have parts available for the M-A1's (though I didn't ask which parts specifically).

Customer service isn't that great here, most of the time it's not even that good, that's why I mostly rely on the principal company.

Worst case scenario would be I borrow a pistol from one of my fellow Pinoy owners and copy the part I can't get.......hehehe. :wink:

11. roitheboytoy

roitheboytoy Guest

hi to everyone. steyr pistols are exclusively distributed by wsc here in manila. i believe that they can have steyr m pistols serviced. retail outlet is in makati cinema square.

12. untamed

untamed Guest

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL STEYR ENTHUSIASTS!

Whoa! Kamusta as well to all you guys too! I'm sure glad to find out that there are a some Steyr enthusiasts on my side of the fence too (Pampanga/Manila).

I don't have a hand gun of my own yet but the Steyr Pistols--hopefully the S40-A1--are definitely right up there on my "really-got-to-get-one" list. I too fell in love with that low-bore axis design/natural pointer config.

Hope to hear from you guys more often learn more from everybody. Thanks!

13. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

surprised you got a message on to here thought I heard from popular radio program that fiber optic lines and other forms of communication were out in Phillipines. islands seem to take a beating from typhoons and earthquakes.

14. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya junex :)

If its not too much of a hastle, plz PM me with a list of parts and their prices available to you thru your dealer. I'd like very much to compare what you can get thru your dealer that I can't thru SAI. I've heard that those parts vary price-wise and availablility-wise. Thanx. 8)

Wulf

15. junex

junex Guest

Hi all!

MrApathy: The submarine cable supplying the Philippines was damaged by the recent earthquake in Taiwan. Communication is not totally out, but some services and sites are really, really slow. Thankfully steyrclub isn't one of them.

Wulf: sent you a pm.

Good news, got my M40-A1 before Christmas !!! :D

Bad news, haven't gotten to range yet. Waiting for permit to transport, hope to get it before the gunban which starts on Jan. 14 (election year).

Gave me the opportunity to follow MrApathy's advice for new Steyr owners though. Now the slide, trigger and magazines are much smoother than when i first got them.

Keeping my fingers crossed for having a range report before the 14th.

16. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

".......hope to get it before the gunban which starts on Jan. 14 (election year)."
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry to hear about the same stupidity there that we have here in some parts of the US (luckily, not mine).