MA1 Holster illustrated thread...

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Thunderbear, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Wicked Cowboy,

Opinion is good, it's a great belt holster for gun games and range use. Not much good for concealed unless you are wearing a coat over it. It just doesn't try to be a concealed holster.

2. EvilVaquero

EvilVaquero Guest

Opinion appreciated. Thanks!

Happy Trails!

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Not without a lot of leatherwork.

4. 72Z

72Z New Member

Well, the images below show my M9-A1 in a Blackhawk Paddle Holster for 3.75" - 4.5" Barrel Large Automatics, p/n 40PH15BK-Right or Left. The cant is adjustable in 3 steps in two directions on the paddle. This is a Righthand holster worn as a cross-draw. I'm not concerned about concealed carry and I wanted it to be comfortable and accessible when seated. It's very secure - both the pistol in the holster and the holster on my belt - even more so when the paddle portion is IWB. The end of the holster extends about 1/2" below the end of the barrel. The front of the trigger guard stops the pistol from settling down completely into this holster. A friend who has the same holster has removed some of the stitches from that part of the holster and his M40 settles down into the holster so that the rear sights are covered by the holster. Sorry about the dark image, I've not mastered the art of taking pictures of myself . . . Got this from OpticsPlanet for about $29.

Attached Files:

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Converted both M and S to Olight magnetic charging PL Mini/PL2 Minis, which required new kydex. Took awhile to find, but Tactical Measure makes great holsters for M/S/C Steyrs with weaponlights, quality on par with Bravo Concealment, seen on the left here (for sale in Holsters section, since I probably won't be going back to the TLR1 I used to have on the M40A1). Really a trim holster, too, the slim profile clears up a lot of the extra kydex that Bravo leaves for the clamshell and belt loops.

IMG_20200720_154845.jpg
    The Olight PL Mini original, now discontinued for the PL2 Mini Valkyrie is a flush fit for the MA1s, seen below. 400lumen and mag charging, QD lever. Only improvement they could make is water resistance, and I suspect they're working on it.

IMG_20200720_154857.jpg IMG_20200720_154834.jpg

The PL2 Mini for the S series fits amazing, but the flexible fit means it will fit on the M or L as well. You put the slot in the rail of the pistol you have, and the light body slides forward or backward to fit to the trigger guard.

IMG_20200609_005648.jpg IMG_20200609_005659.jpg

Michael Dobesch likes this.
  6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I prefer my holsters to extend well below the muzzle, or be closed, to guard against muzzle dings or muzzle obstructions. That light looks slick. I find that brighter than ~100 lumens gives too much “light splash back” off of white walls in a house.