Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Granted this is my first real holster, but the quality on this is pretty damn obvious.

FIST #43 IWB/Belt slide, Left Hand, Cordovan, 1.25" loops.









Should have gone with the 1.5" loops though.. all of my belts are 1.5+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
Nice,

Are we updating our holster thread with info on what holster manufacturers make A1 holsters? I've heard Comp Tac and Fist now as the place to go for the A1.

That pictures speaks more than a thousand words about quality I can tell it looks as well put together as my Galco for my M40. Does it seem to retain the weapon well? Would trust that the A1 is going to stay put if your in a fight or on the run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Cool,
There may be a FIST in my future

Comp-Tac, can not make for the A1 unless things have changed (they made for me using my gun) but they have no other way to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ministerofdeath said:
Nice,

Are we updating our holster thread with info on what holster manufacturers make A1 holsters? I've heard Comp Tac and Fist now as the place to go for the A1.

That pictures speaks more than a thousand words about quality I can tell it looks as well put together as my Galco for my M40. Does it seem to retain the weapon well? Would trust that the A1 is going to stay put if your in a fight or on the run?
AFAIK, there's not any MA1 updates to it.. I had to search around.

I would trust it with the belt loops. I need to move around a bit more and get used to the clip before I trust it fully. It's secure for running.. although the M barrel would be repeatedly ramming the side of my ass.. :lol:

Definitely retains the weapon well.. trying to draw it leaves my pants up Urkel style, need to work it in.

I recommend the FIST guys wholeheartedly, just don't be a dumbass like me and not measure your belts. I got 1 1/4" loops and 1 1/2" belts. Doh. Had to go buy a few new belts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Call FIST, they are reputed to have excellent customer service. They may be able to open up the slots on the holster for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
madecov said:
Call FIST, they are reputed to have excellent customer service. They may be able to open up the slots on the holster for you
Should do that before I take a dremel to the loops, huh. 8-O

For my skinny ass, I need a bit more cant.. or an SA1. Eventually, it'll probably be both, though.








ninja edit: I'm not busting as much of a sag as it looks like.. jeans are resting on hipbones..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
You need a real belt that can support a loaded weapon.

Try
the Beltman
Galco (cop belt)
Gould and Goodrich
Aker

all in the moderate price range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
madecov said:
You need a real belt that can support a loaded weapon.

Try
the Beltman
Galco (cop belt)
Gould and Goodrich
Aker

all in the moderate price range.
Ain't that the truth.. that is a reversible brown/black dress belt.. the only belt out of the 9 I own that is a 1 1/4". I'm gonna email FIST and see what I can do about opening up the holes.

I went out and bought a 1 1/4" Faded Glory rugged belt for it.. and for 9 bucks, it's holding up surprisingly well. I'll eventually pick up a Galco or similar belt. Mostly though, I'm using the clip. The more I use it, the more I trust it for movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Did FIST ever respond to your e mail about opening the loops up?

How is the holster holding up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
madecov said:
Did FIST ever respond to your e mail about opening the loops up?

How is the holster holding up?
Holding up great, and they responded promptly. I'm just not willing to go without a holster for a while, when it's being fixed, so I'm going to buy a kydex IWB from them, then send the other back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Excellent.
Good to know they stand behind the product.
I am considering ordering a slide with thumb break.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top