Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, I bought my first Steyr, an M9A1 with factory threaded barrel. The only things I don’t love about it are the slick grip texture and the pronounced ridge at the upper backstrap.

Yesterday, I handled an M9A2MF and the grip felt much better and seemingly corrected both of these issues.

I do kind of wish they had left the trigger guard and rail alone though as I felt both of those changes were a downgrade.

A few questions:

1. From what I understand, all of my A1 mags will work in the A2 frame, correct?

2. Is it possible to buy just the A2MF frame, so I could use my existing slide, threaded barrel? Are the small frame parts compatible with both?

3. Has anyone had their A1 frame recontoured and stippled? I typically dislike stippling but I have seen a few Glocks that were done well by a professional shop.

If Steyr offered one M9 with the grip of the A2MF, the front half of the A1 frame, a threaded barrel, suppressor height trapezoidal sights and a slide ready to accept a RMR, it would be the perfect pistol.

If they actually spent some money marketing it, it would sel like crazy.

· Administrator
486 Posts
A few months ago, I bought my first Steyr, an M9A1 with factory threaded barrel. The only things I don’t love about it are the slick grip texture and the pronounced ridge at the upper backstrap.

Yesterday, I handled an M9A2MF and the grip felt much better and seemingly corrected both of these issues.

I do kind of wish they had left the trigger guard and rail alone though as I felt both of those changes were a downgrade.

A few questions:

1. From what I understand, all of my A1 mags will work in the A2 frame, correct?

yesbut A2 mags will not fit the A1.

2. Is it possible to buy just the A2MF frame, so I could use my existing slide, threaded barrel? Are the small frame parts compatible with both?

Yes you can use a A1 slide on a A2, but the frames haven’t been for sale on their own yet that I know of. Small parts are mostly the same but some are not such as the extractor.

3. Has anyone had their A1 frame recontoured and stippled? I typically dislike stippling but I have seen a few Glocks that were done well by a professional shop.

used talon tape and it worked well, have that on my A1 but I’ve seen stippling and it was well liked.

If Steyr offered one M9 with the grip of the A2MF, the front half of the A1 frame, a threaded barrel, suppressor height trapezoidal sights and a slide ready to accept a RMR, it would be the perfect pistol.

Agreed

· Registered
25 Posts

A few questions:

I don’t have any A1’s so I just don’t know . As far as the A2 I have a L9 and a M9 . I agree Steyr should advertise and they should offer optics cuts and suppressor ready models ( with suppressor height sights ) but they don’t. They sell threaded barrels because I bought one for the L9 . Which in turn gave me an extended barrel for the M9 .
As far as the Steyr’s go ( my opinion ) I think it’s the best striker fired pistol out there . Ergonomics are second to none and the trigger is better than most by far . Glock has the worst trigger ( I have 3 ) . CZ P10 series ( I have 2 ) has a much better trigger than the Glock but ( again in my opinion ) not as good as the Steyr . The Steyr has a much lower bore centerline than most by far .
Aftermarket options are limited . So it’s make your own or have it made . The complex contour of the end of the slide was a challenge for me ( which I enjoyed ) and I only make full contour compensator’s . My frame mount looks goofy to some , but mounts like it used to be all the rage in open gun divisions . With the Comp , the hunk of stainless in the dust cover ( which mounts the optic mount and adds weight in the perfect spot ) and the thumb rest , I don’t lose the dot between shots . I think the Holosun SCS is the best choice for slide mount because the base is the thinnest and you won’t need suppressor height sights . Making the rear sight work is a challenge to say the least , but it can be done . Hopefully this was helpful .
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Machine gun
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Wood Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts