Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M9 shoots left of center continuously. I need to move the front sight to the left. I have about 600 rounds through the weapon now. I'm used to the trap sight system ( I like it). Is there a specific tool used to move the front sight? How have you guys adjusted your sights. Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tagged for interest. Might be easier to adjust rear sight

HTC Vision on Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would double double check on a bench rest before adjusting any site picture.

The actual "movement" you'd have to acquire from the site is so minute.

are you off a few inches at 10 yards? whats going on?

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
It not the site, its your finger. When I first shot my M it was always to the left and low. Turns out its your trigger finger. Have someone else put a empty in the mag and shoot slowly and pay attention to your trigger pull. When you hit that dud you will see what you are doing. Pulling the gun to the left. Its a common thing for all pistols with the safe action trigger. Somewhere on the board is a circle target that says what you do wrong to put a round in a particular area rather than dead center.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It not the site, its your finger. When I first shot my M it was always to the left and low. Turns out its your trigger finger. Have someone else put a empty in the mag and shoot slowly and pay attention to your trigger pull. When you hit that dud you will see what you are doing. Pulling the gun to the left. Its a common thing for all pistols with the safe action trigger. Somewhere on the board is a circle target that says what you do wrong to put a round in a particular area rather than dead center.
That is correct. 99% of the time.

Though, I'm shooting just right, which is very interesting.
I'ma get my eyes checked. haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the exact same problem with my M9A1...im also certain its not "my finger" on my older gen 1 m357 my front site is drifted a little left of center..and hits dead on...i bought the gun used and the site was already adjusted...so, sorry i cant give any advice...for what its worth the only one of my steyr pistols that shoots left is the new m9..i have 2 older gen ones..both shoot dead on..i like the gun too much to put a punch on it and tap it with a mallet..lol ..i put about 100 rounds through the new m9 a month and just got used to another point of aim point of impact..

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Somewhere in here was a thread on how to make a brass drift punch for realigning sights. Don't ask me where or when thought...

·
Registered
632 Posts
also , for clarification , from a bench at 12 yards its about three inches left point aim to point of impact.
Just for giggles.

Try pulling the trigger with your left hand to rule out user error.

That's a HUGE distance at 12 yards.

Just a thought before you go to crazy with re-aligning the site.
Bench shooting doesn't rule out all human error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts