Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a Steyr m9a1, and had a part of the metal sub frame break off in the lower assy. It looks like the bottom of the recoil spring sits on top of it. It's this a major issue??
Is the gun still safe to use?

It's literally hiding right at the front in the exploded diagram

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's not A main structural item it is part of the European safety system if you contact Steyr USA you should be able to get a claim get a warranty. and have it fixed with a new fire control unit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not A main structural item it is part of the European safety system if you contact Steyr USA you should be able to get a claim get a warranty. and have it fixed with a new fire control unit
thanks, sorry for the long silence on reply. I'm in England, so not sure how warranty would work, plus the gun was used and abused in a military trial.
as long as it's safe to use, that's all good.

·
Registered
833 Posts
All good . You could contact the EU office of Steyr. All of there gun have warranty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same thing happen on one of my Steyrs. It was disconcerting to find an "extra" part. After finding out what it was and that is a non-functional part, for my pistol, I cut off the opposite extension and smoothed out the broken surface. Apparently, without the parts that would be installed on the extension, it vibrates and caused that it to break off. I understand the factory removed the extensions on later pistols.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts